Question

Top Student
VictorSmit
Message 1 of 3 (152 Views)
Accepted Solution

deskjet 710C does not eject last page

[ Edited ]

Recently I stepped over from XP to Xubuntu 12. During install everything seemed fine and my deskjet 710C was recognized (USB configuration). However the printer does not eject the last page when I use the color cartridge and the last line(s) are not printed properly. (Black and white is fine) 

(The printer also prints the wrong colors of a jpg file that was inserted in a pdf but I do not know if that is related. )

In addition it also does not eject the last page when another computer from my network is printing via the share. (Last page does not eject if I try to print from another computer, either in color or in black and white).

Perhaps it is noteworthy that the default paperformat after installing was US letter, while I use A4. I have already tried to print after changing to A4 and after changing to A4 and reboot....

Please help.....

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Victor.

Top Student
VictorSmit
Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)

Re: deskjet 710C does not eject last page

I have done some extra testing and I have some additional information:

Printing in black and white proves to be not OK !

It only works for a test page. Even a sigle page E-mail is not ejected after printing. (Also in Thunderbird I Changed to A4 format and tested before and after reboot)

In addition, if I print from another computer via samba to the printer when it is shared via windows XP, both color and black and white work fine for test pages and files. For this I also had to install the ubuntu  HP printer drivers on the other computer that I printed from. So this combination does work.

Anyone any suggestions  at all ?

Many thanks in advance

Victor.

Top Student
VictorSmit
Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: deskjet 710C does not eject last page

Found 2 low-tech solutions:

I used an old parallel cable and the printing was successfull since then !

The color-problem was an empty cartridge, followed by a new but defect cartridge.  The third cartridge worked.

I can print everything from any location in my network now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation