Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I got error code 30.01.34 scanner failure. I replaced the scanner controller board. Same error code on power on. Then I

replaced the Image scanner assembly same fault. Anyone can help me to clear this issue.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

What printer model are you referring to?  Normally a 30.01 error is a paper jam in the document feeder.  Id check the ADF sensors and look for anything that could be causing a false alarm by the printer.

Some other good ideas are posted here:

/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/HP-clj-CM-4730mfp-30-01-34-error/td-p/5705093#.U1kPytKKCjI

and here:

/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/Laserjet-m3035-Scanner-failure-30-01-34/td-p/1038081#.U1kQF9KKCjI

and here:

/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/HP-CLJ-CM4730-MFP-30-01-34-scanner-failure/td-p/5963917#.U1kQP9KKCj...

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hi

you have not mentioned the printer model , The error reported is " 30.01.34 "  as your id shows M9040 mfp

if that is the model of the printer that is giving the issue " 30.01.34"

the error is related to communication error between CPB and scanner

ensure all the connection of cpb and copy connect pcb are seated properly

Suspected part is Copy processor Board and copy processor board memory

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Hi,

you not describe the printer model if you talking about HP LJ M5025/35 than issue is in flatbed scanner, please share printer model so i can help you more.

Thanks,

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

Hello, the same situation here. M9040: event log: 30.01.12 device error, and 30.01.13 device error and 30.01.34 no description. We cant copy, fax, scan.... authorised HP guys cant solve this in Slovak republic. They visited 3 times this printer onsite and solved nothing! Please. Find solution asap. More details attached. This is sad situation for our client. He cant understand that nobody can solve the problem. Thanks, Dusan Chluda, Slovak republic

HP Recommended

30.01.12 Error Code on HP LJ9050:

/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/lj9050-with-30-1-12-code/td-p/1139373#.U6w6RtKKCjI

30.01.13 Error Code on HP LJ 9000:

/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/error-30-1-12-and-30-1-13-on-a-9000mfp/td-p/1070118#.U6w6ntKKCjI

30.01.34 Error code on HP LJ 9040/9050:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/492649/Hewlett-Packard-Laserjet-M9040-M9050-Multifunction-Printer.h...

Turn the product off, and then on.

Check the scanner controller board LEDs.
Check the connections to the scanner controller board.
Replace the scanner controller board.

Everything appears to be related to the scanner in one way or another.  You should try the suggestions above to see if you can make any progress.  Judging by the 2nd screenshot in your post id say your scanner assembly is not being recognized by the printer. 

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

John, thank you for fast reaction.

Printer was off/on several times.

Upgrade latest FW didnt help.

Again: there was authorised HP technician three times onsite - he solved NOTHING!

I hope he chcecked all needed cables.

And I have an information, that he replaced SCB> didnt help solve the problem.

Really sad and bad situation for HP! The printer is just 3 years old. Is it enough?

Any other idea?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Change the memory stick in the copy processor board that should ssolve your problem.

HP Recommended

I know I'm a biot late to the party here but I just worked on an M3027 with that same error. It turned out to be the scanner head lock was in the locked state. Tried unlocking with the machine still on which didn't clear the error but after a power-cycle with the head unlocked the error was cleared. Nice simple and free solution!

Give it a try if you haven't solved it yet....

HP Recommended

como corijo el error 30.01.34 hp laser jet m 3027

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.