Question

Student
marty-johnson
Message 1 of 6 (161 Views)

h.p. officejet pro 8600

I am running the windows 8.1, and I am trying to print either one page of many, or just selected text or photos from the internet or e-mail.  I can't find the setting on the set up window, or the printer itself to accomplish these tasks. If I only need one page or just a section, printing out a full three or four would waste not only ink, but paper as well.

Is there an easy way to set this partial printing range up?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 6 (124 Views)

Re: h.p. officejet pro 8600

Hi marty-johnson,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you would like to be able to print specific pages and specific areas of a web page.
I will be happy to help you.

Highlight the text that you want to print from the document.

Then go to file, print from the application and under Page Range you can click on Section and then
click on print. It won't be a option unless the text is highlighted first.

To print specific pages you would open a two page document or more, then from the application go to
file, print, select pages and type in the pages you would like to print. It will be grayed out if it just a one page document.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bob2bar
Message 3 of 6 (89 Views)

I cannot print part of a document. When I select the portion I want to print the selection under page range is grayed out.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 6 (82 Views)

Hi bob2bar,

I understand after highlighting the text you want to print, the Selection option is greyed out.

I can help you with that today.

What application or web browser are you trying to print from?

Try using notepad. Go to start, all programs, accessories, notepad. Just type some text, highlight it, see if the Selection option is available through this software when you try to print now.

If you are trying to print from a web browser, try another browser to see if you have the Selection option available.
(Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)

Try another web page. I tried HP.com and the selection option was available on my computer.

Print Selection means "Print the slides I've selected",  it doesn't print the selected shapes.

So if you haven't selected at least one or more slides, the option will be greyed out.

And if no shapes are selected, then from PPT's point of view, the current selection is the current slide and with a slide selected, you DO get the Print Selected option.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day.
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bob2bar
Message 5 of 6 (69 Views)

I tried everything you mentioned and the selection under page ranges is still blacked out. I am in AOL using internet explorer 11.0.  I tried going into other sites and print parts of a page with the same results. This function worked until recently. Is there something that could be blocking this function? Thanks for your help.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 6 (54 Views)

Hi bob2bar,

I see that you have tried printing the selections from other applications and are still having the same issue.

I tested this option on a Windows 8.1 lab running Internet Explorer 11 and the selection was available.

Try highlighting the text on the webpage and right clicking on the highlighted area  and then selecting print.

Is the selection option still greyed out?

Did you upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1?

If you recently upgraded to the Windows 8.1 then most likely it is a driver issue or it could possibly just be a corrupt driver.

I would uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next and click on the software to download and install.

Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation