Question

Top Student
Trishia
Message 1 of 7 (2,078 Views)
Accepted Solution

how can i set up my printer again without the disk?

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

I installed the disk to setup my wireless printer that came with my computer 2 years ago it printed. I moved and can't find the disk and I'm trying to print on my printer from my computer but is not printing how do I go about getting it to print again?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (2,073 Views)

Re: how can i set up my printer again without the disk?

What printer model?  What operating system?  Clihck the "Support and Drivers" link at the top of the page, then select your printer model.  Next choose your operating system, then select te appropriate driver for download.

Support.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Trishia
Message 3 of 7 (2,061 Views)

I tried that and is asking me to connect a usb cord from the computer to the printer and I dont have one it didn't come with one.

Top Student
Trishia
Message 4 of 7 (2,060 Views)

Also when I try to troubleshoot it says can't fix problem contact network administrator. what is network administrator?

Top Student
Trishia
Message 5 of 7 (2,050 Views)

Hello? I cant figure out how to post another question other then replying on this.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 7 (2,047 Views)

Trishia wrote:

I tried that and is asking me to connect a usb cord from the computer to the printer and I dont have one it didn't come with one.

You can pick up a USB cable at nearly any computer store or Radio Shack.  I get mine for $1 at the Dollar store....

To post a new topic see this video.

The Network Administrator is the person who set up your network.  For home networks this would typically be you; if it was a work environment there would likely be an IT person responsible for adding devices to the network.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Trishia
Message 7 of 7 (2,028 Views)

Thanx=)'
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation