Question

Honor Student
Drachenin
Message 1 of 6 (3,545 Views)

how do i open the adf cover on HP Officejet 6500 aPlus?

How do I open the ADF cover?

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 6 (3,540 Views)

Re: how do i open the adf cover on HP Officejet 6500 aPlus?

Hello Drachnin,

Thanks for the post.  Are you having feed issues through the ADF?  I've included a link below that will walk you through some great information on getting that resolved.  Good Luck!

P.S. Grab a good flashlight when checking the rollers, the smallest pieces of paper have been known to lodge in the roller making it difficult to locate and remove. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01728503&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083977&tmp...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
Drachenin
Message 3 of 6 (3,538 Views)

I meant my question literally.   I could not open the cover.   I was afraid to force it, and there were no directions how to do it.   Once I got it to open, it was easy to remove the paper caught inside.

Thank you for your reply, though.

Student
Message 4 of 6 (3,490 Views)

I can not find the release button or the latch on my 6500 HP printer, so I can not lift up the ADF cover

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 5 of 6 (3,481 Views)

Hello 19828489,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, on the OJ6500a Plus, there is no latch to release the ADF cover.  As you are facing the front of the printer, lift the scanner lid, this will leave the ADF cover on the left side, if you look under the ADF cover, (about two inches down from the top of the cover) you will see a cork separator pad, place two fingers on each side of this separator pad then gently lift up from this area, this will open the ADF cover and allow access.  I've also included the document link below that walks you through some steps to clean and maintain.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01728503&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083977&tmp...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
elkantor
Message 6 of 6 (2,955 Views)

Why is iy needed to waste time on login when using HP help system?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation