04-11-2013 04:04 AM
we have ahp 1525 nw printer that keeps printing thick horizontal lines. we have run all diagnosticks and checks and all appears fine, the check sheet runs fine. have replaced all cartridges (all are genuine HP) and cleaned all rollers and sheets inside the printer. It still prints random thick (7-8mm) horizontal lines. The lines are usually black but sometimes can be of colour from each cartridge.
We had an identical printer do exactly the same 3 months ago - tried all the above and still could not fix so we replaced it.
04-11-2013 07:44 AM
12-16-2013 06:57 AM
I have a CM1415FMW doing the same thing. I have a couple of other troubleshooting points I discovered. It only happens on the first print job after an extended period of stand by time. If the first print job is only 1 page then that page is screwed but the very next print is good. If the first print job is 5 pages then all 5 pages are screwed but the next print is good. Has anyone found a sollution yet?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)