Question
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (371 Views)

hp 1525nw thick horizontal lines

we have ahp 1525 nw printer that keeps printing thick horizontal lines. we have run all diagnosticks and checks and all appears fine, the check sheet runs fine. have replaced all cartridges (all are genuine HP) and cleaned all rollers and sheets inside the printer. It still prints random thick (7-8mm) horizontal lines. The lines are usually black but sometimes can be of colour from each cartridge.

We had an identical printer do exactly the same 3 months ago - tried all the above and still could not fix so we replaced it.

any ideas????

Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (355 Views)

Re: hp 1525nw thick horizontal lines

It is most likely the fusor at this point.  Sounds like everything else has already been replaced.   

My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (270 Views)

Re: hp 1525nw thick horizontal lines

I have a CM1415FMW doing the same thing.  I have a couple of other troubleshooting  points I discovered.  It only happens on the first print job after an extended period of stand by time. If the first print job is only 1 page then that page is screwed but the very next print is good.  If the first print job is 5 pages then all 5 pages are screwed but the next print is good.  Has anyone found a sollution yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation