Question

Honor Student
10guajiros
Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp 3510 deskjet, connected via wi-fi to MacBook Pro running OX 10.7.5

suddenly my computer will not "see" the printer, I recently changed router but I was able to print after the change, the printer is connected to the network the wi fi light is steady on.  I have followed all the directions available in the HP web site, including un-installing the printer from my computer, when I attempt to install it the computer doesnt "see" it

Any advice as what to do next ?

thanks,

10 guajiros

'

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: hp 3510 deskjet, connected via wi-fi to MacBook Pro running OX 10.7.5

Hi 10guajiros,

I would like to help you get your Deskjet 3510 working on your Mac running 10.7.5. I understand you have already done some troubleshooting, but I am confident we can get it working again.

Please take at the following document and complete the recommended solutions; Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

If the issue persist, please let me know what the first part of the printers IP address is. It might be 169.254.XXX.XXX, or 192.168.xxx.xxx or 192.168.223.1. If does end with 223.1 please provide the full IP if it does not I only need to know the first 2 segments (yellow and green :smileyhappy: ) of it. 

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
10guajiros
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: hp 3510 deskjet, connected via wi-fi to MacBook Pro running OX 10.7.5

thanks for the advice, I apreciate it, I  was finally able to fix the problem by litarelly unplugging, the printer and  both the modem and router ac cord from the wal, that fixed it, when I plugged all devices back to the ac the problem went away, finally the computer "saw" the printer.  It could have been that the printer was attached to my neighbor's network, not clear,  but in any case I am happy that I can print again.

10 guajiros

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation