Question

Honor Student
seawolfe71
Message 1 of 4 (230 Views)

hp 6110 can't print windows 7, 64 bit, empty queue

HP,

Thanks in advance for your help.  I have a Dell 1764 and lost print capability recently.  Dell was helping me with a screen issue, we did a system restore and a bunch of other stuff and now I can't print.  Dell insists the problems are unrelated.  Thanks a bunch Dell.

I have a HP 6110 Desk Jet All-in-one, Windows 7, 64-bit, Dell 1764.  Before I received an error msg: "an unknown error occurred while printing."  Tonight I don't get the error message and I don't get any indication that the document is being sent to the printer.  No print icon with paper coming out, nothing in the queue.  I uninstalled the HP software and let Windows 7 automatically find the drivers & software.  The instatllation was successful.  I tried the HP Print & Scan Doctor, and the Hardware Tool (Hardware tool said it didn't support my printer). The Print & Scan Doctor finished with now issues detected but I couldn't print a test page at the end.   I also tried a Microsoft Fix It Tool thinking it was a Windows 7 issue.  No luck.

Printer is online, no error messages on the printer, and I also tried killing the power to the printer for 15 seconds. 

I can print using a different computer using Windows XP. 

Thank you very much !

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

Re: hp 6110 can't print windows 7, 64 bit, empty queue

I would take a look at this document, just for more information on how your printer works with Windows 7.  Start by removing the printer from the computer again.  Then use the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows 7 to install the printer.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
dresdenron
Message 3 of 4 (72 Views)

[ Edited ]

Having problems doing basic printing with the HP6110 under WIN7. neither link in your post is working. Any new inf

Honor Student
seawolfe71
Message 4 of 4 (59 Views)

Nope. No luck. I bought another printer, but still wouldn't mine figuring out how to use this HP correctly.  It was working great until I ran into this issue.  Any ideas ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation