07-12-2013 03:23 PM
Any compatability between windows 8 and hp deskjet 9650 developed at this time
P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Deskjet. - Hp Forum Moderator
07-26-2013 02:33 PM
I affraid not, the HP Deskejt 9600 series (which include your model) is not supported on Windows 8:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
07-26-2013 09:01 PM
The Deskjet 9650 is listed as not supported for Windows 8. For Windows 7 the suggestion from this document to use the Deskjet 9800 driver as an alternate for the Deskjet 9650. The Deskjet 9800 is supported in Windows 8, I would suggest applying this driver for the Deskjet 9650 in Windows 8.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
12-24-2013 10:50 PM
I just did this successfully. I installed the printer manually. Location: USB. Not shared on the network. Using the Windows Update option brought in the HP Deskjet 9800 driver. I used that driver and with that configuration, the printer works in Windows 8.1. I don't know if it will work shared, but we shall soon see.
02-25-2014 12:35 PM
I have an 8.1 operating system, the HP9650 will not install off of the existing printer drivers in the Microsoft printer direction as it does not exist. So tried the alternative of HP9800 driver and followed the exact procedure as outlined and it does not work either. So what is the alternative any ideas? I need the 9650 to printer larger Excel spread sheets.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series