hp envy 100 touch screen not responding (1503 Views)
Student
JAM14
Message 1 of 4 (1,503 Views)

hp envy 100 touch screen not responding

When I power on the device, the touch screen comes up and informs me that HP Cartridges are installed. It displays an 'ok' button in the lower right. Touching the ok button produces no result. It simply holds the information screen and will not proceed to any setup. Any suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 4 (1,483 Views)

Re: hp envy 100 touch screen not responding

Have you tried doing a hard reset to the product?  That would be where you unplug the cord from the rear of the product while it is powered on and then also remove the plod from the wall outlet.  You would then wait at least 30 seconds before plugging the cord back into the wall 1st and then plug the cord back into the rear of the product. The printer should power on by itself, but if not use the power button on the machine to power it back on.  Also I would make sure that the printer power cord is plugged directly into the wall socket and not on a power strip or a surge protector. It has a built in surge protector and having on an additional one can cause the printer not to get enough power and cause problems with the printer working correctly. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
Tracymag68
Message 3 of 4 (1,435 Views)

I just got done setting this up, bypassing the touch screen glitches by entering an incorrect time and date. The key pad is not calibrated correctly. I push the 8 and got a 0. I pushed the 8 and got a 5. Is there a way to fix this??

This is an expensive printer for this to be happening!!

Honor Student
rpbett
Message 4 of 4 (531 Views)

Did you ever get a response for this? The same thing is happening to me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation