hp envy 120 printing problems (200 Views)
Student
gsa1
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)

hp envy 120 printing problems

I have an imac and an hp envy23 touchsmart pc and a hp envy 120 printer and use a bt homehub router to connect.

When i attempt to print from the imac it says printer is not connected and i have to switch off printer and router then power up to get the printer to work,this will last for a few hours then i would have to go through the same proccess again if I wanted to print.

From the hp pc nothing will print at all,it seems to just sit in a pending file with no status,it worked for a few days when i first got it and even after unistalling and reinstalling the printer i have no success,the printer is connected to the wireless network and shows strong signal.

Please help before i through it out the window,very frustrating

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: hp envy 120 printing problems

Hi gsa1,

I understand you have an Envy 120 that you're using with an HP computer as well as a Mac and are constantly having to refresh things to get it to print. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

In doing some research I've found that quite a few people have experienced this same issue with a BT Home Hub Router and it was just a setting in the router that had to be changed to solve the issue. If you click here you can see this thread and that a changing of its broadcasting has resolved the issue. You can attempt to change this setting yourself if you know how to access your router, or you can contact BT Home Hub (there are many contact information pages throughout the thread I posted to you).

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, as it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation