12-30-2013 04:41 AM
I have an imac and an hp envy23 touchsmart pc and a hp envy 120 printer and use a bt homehub router to connect.
When i attempt to print from the imac it says printer is not connected and i have to switch off printer and router then power up to get the printer to work,this will last for a few hours then i would have to go through the same proccess again if I wanted to print.
From the hp pc nothing will print at all,it seems to just sit in a pending file with no status,it worked for a few days when i first got it and even after unistalling and reinstalling the printer i have no success,the printer is connected to the wireless network and shows strong signal.
Please help before i through it out the window,very frustrating
01-10-2014 06:49 AM
I understand you have an Envy 120 that you're using with an HP computer as well as a Mac and are constantly having to refresh things to get it to print. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.
In doing some research I've found that quite a few people have experienced this same issue with a BT Home Hub Router and it was just a setting in the router that had to be changed to solve the issue. If you click here you can see this thread and that a changing of its broadcasting has resolved the issue. You can attempt to change this setting yourself if you know how to access your router, or you can contact BT Home Hub (there are many contact information pages throughout the thread I posted to you).
Hope this helps, have a great day!!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series