Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. Would you please send me instructions what to do?
Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I had same problem, but I found solution:

1. Turn printer Off.

2. Press and hold Right cursor button [ > ] and Cancel button[ X ].

3. Turn printer On and still hold both buttons.

4. When booting of printer completed, you can release buttons.

5. Should be in default factory settings.

HP Recommended
I tried that but doesn't work for me. What after that? Shall I turn off and on again printer or display should work immideately?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check your inbox for the steps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hey,

Can you please send me to?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello 

i have message "Ready 2 Download" on my M251n.

USB will not connect to the printer.

Any Idea to Reset the Printer to Factory default?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Bonjour !

I would greatly appreciate if you could give me the procedure to a hot reset of my HP LaserJet 200 color M251nw, because the tricky touchpad selected a wrong location, and now I am stuck with an incorrect location and hope you can help...

Thank you!!

Best regards,

André

HP Recommended

I wouldn't mind the factory reset guide as well. M251n is stuck during boot up. Progress bar just freezes.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please can i have the solution for the same issue. I am trying to reset it using the normal steps but it gives me menu disabled. I need to do cold reset for the printer to change the network settings.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on M251nw. Please do not continue to say a solution was sent to private email. If there is a means to do a hard reset it shouldn't be a secret.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.