Question

Student
gs3616
Message 1 of 19 (2,715 Views)

hp network communicator stopped working

I have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus that has always printed just fine.  I recently downloaded an internet filter (Net Nanny) that requested I turn off all antivirus and firewall apps while installing.  I did so, then turned them back on after the install.  After that I get an error everytime I print a doc.  It says, "HPNetworkCommunicator has stopped working."  It will usually print the first doc I try to print, but after that it will display this message and any further attempts to print will result in printing jobs that just sit in the queue.  I have Windows Vista 32-bit.  I hope I posted this correctly.  Let me know if any further info is needed or if I need to correct something concerning how I posted this question. 

Thanks

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 19 (2,631 Views)

Re: hp network communicator stopped working

Still need help? If so, just let me know.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
MA60
Message 3 of 19 (2,495 Views)

My printer has stopped printing although I was printing fine on a print job 20 seconds earlier.

I believe the problem is the HP Network Communicator for my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus.

Please help.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 19 (2,493 Views)

What OS are you using?  Is the printer wireless or wired to the network?  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
SteveMoritz
Message 5 of 19 (2,208 Views)

I have a HP Deskjet 3070A and constantly get this message (hp network communicator stopped working) even when not trying to print - it must pop up at least 10 times a day. Os windows 7. I also cant print wirelessly now. Can you advise on a step by step process on how to rectify. I have run the HP doctor, checked the printer/network is on line, run the troubleshooting and still nothing.

Rgds

Steve

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 19 (2,150 Views)

hp network communicator stopped working

I would try doing an uninstall and reinstall of the printer's full feature software and driver from a fresh download. That should get things back up and running. Let me know what happens.
Signature
Student
bjamesriru
Message 7 of 19 (1,819 Views)

trying to set-up hp officejet pro 8600 on my laptop to go wireless,in installing the software ,i get to where window  ask if you are connecting printer to computer by cable or wireless,i choose wireless,then during scan i get the hp network communicator incurred a problem window,software stops processing,is there a fix for this problem,i am useing windows xp o/s in the laptop, i have wireless excess to the same printer with 2 other desktop computers,1 useing xp the other useing vista,so i am not sure if the problem is with a program in my laptop ,i am able to get wireless access to the internet useing the laptop,but it will not accept wireless access to the printer

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 19 (1,792 Views)

Are you installing the printer from the CD, or from a download?

Signature
Student
DrDad01
Message 9 of 19 (1,589 Views)

I got the message hp network communicator has stopped working for our HP 6500 EJ710n-z.  I re-installed ZoneAlarm extreme security this weekend and this is the first I've tried to print since that time.  if this is the issue, then how do i fix it?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 19 (1,577 Views)

Uninstall ZoneAlarm.  That's the easiest solution.  If that doesn't work for you, you can contact ZoneAlarm to see about opening the ports below.  These ports are used for communication between the printer and computer.  Most likely ZoneAlarm has blocked them.  It won't affect anything but printing and scanning to open or close them.  The ports are listed below.  Hope this helps.

HP printer ports

UDP

TCP

Acronym

Definition

Used for

NetBIOS

network Basic Input/Output System - (basic communication)

UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload

NetBIOS

UDP: Photo Card Upload

NetBIOS

TCP: PhotoCard Upload

SNMP

Simple Network Management Protocol - Monitering network attached devices

UDP: Printing

SLP

Service Location Protocol (finding out what things can do on the network)

UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload, Scanning, Faxing, Installation

PDL

page description language - printer control language (how does the page you want printed look)

TCP: Printing

TCP: Scanning, Faxing

TCP: Scanning

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation