hp officejet 4500 wireless G510n, Problems printing (2537 Views)
Top Student
sweetiechick201
Message 1 of 10 (2,537 Views)

hp officejet 4500 wireless G510n, Problems printing

when i start up the printer takes a sheet of paper then stops halfway through then i have to pull it out.  when i go to print it does the same and i have to pull out the paper again.  ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice but to no avail and also tried connecting it via USB but it still does the same thing.

Only had the printer a few months and was working fine when i brought it.

HP
stix4
Message 2 of 10 (2,530 Views)

Re: hp officejet 4500 wireless G510n, Problems printing

Hello Sweetchick201,

Thanks for the post.  Typically, with this type of issue, it's file specific.  Does it behave this way with another file?  Can you perform a test print, does that print correctly?  If the test page prints correctly, then we can look at "internal" settings, if not, it may be hardware related.  If that's the case, I've included a document below that will walk you through some of the t-shooting steps to get this one resolved.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01969913&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Top Student
sweetiechick201
Message 3 of 10 (2,519 Views)

hi

it does exactly the same thing when trying to print out a test page.

HP
stix4
Message 4 of 10 (2,509 Views)

Hello Sweetchick201,

I just wanted to follow up with you on this one to see if it

has been resolved.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01969913&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3986399&tmp...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Top Student
sweetiechick201
Message 5 of 10 (2,491 Views)

hi

i tried everything that was said in that link that you sent me and it didnt work.

Honor Student
DLCottrell
Message 6 of 10 (1,252 Views)

My Officejet 4500 does exactly the same thing as the original poster.  It started it without warning.  It still scans and faxes.  There are no error messages.  It just pulls a sheet of paper half-way through, then stops.  It will not print, either a document or trying to print  a test page.  I've checked the paper path, feed tray, and rollers.  Nothing is out of kilter. 

Top Student
Philippe_Junior
Message 7 of 10 (1,146 Views)

Hi,

I was having some problems with those printers.... Some of my clients with HP Officejet 4500 in the past 3 months ( 4 ou 5 and all of them with this model); They stop printing ..... I try everything but i never can make they print again.... And i lost many time... Since a few days ago when one of them say to me that before it stops printing it was making lots of noise... So i ask to the other ones that confirm me the story ... every one of them had the same problem....

However HP gave printers to my clients if the printer was in warranty... The others buy a new one.

So a few days ago i began to dismount all of them and try to understand what was happening to the printers...

And then after lots of hours trying to make them work.... nothing... nada .... rien de rien....

I discover that all of them have a broken piece of plastic...

In the pictures you can see it near other one that i take from a printer with another different problem

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/filipe_rm/media/HP4500/fotografia1a.jpg.html

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/filipe_rm/media/HP4500/fotografia3a.jpg.html

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/filipe_rm/media/HP4500/fotografia2a.jpg.html

As you can see... nothing to do unless the product is in warranty and it will be changed by another 4500...

Or you can buy a different one .... I advise you to buy a different model becanse one of my clients has already change his 4500 2 times in warranty with the same problem and the warranty is finishing....

Best regards,

Philippe

Honor Student
DLCottrell
Message 8 of 10 (1,140 Views)

I tried all of the things on the links, but nothing made any difference.

Top Student
Philippe_Junior
Message 9 of 10 (1,128 Views)

Hi,

as i say in my comment, there is nothing to do; If you had those problems everyone is speaking of and if you have in the printer the piece of plastic broken, there is nothing to do else..... Just changing the printer and buy a new one if that one has no warranty..... you can see in the pictures the plastic piece....

Best regards

Philippe

Student
AuroraLights
Message 10 of 10 (939 Views)

Philippe,

I am sure glad to find answers to my problem, also which happened a few weeks ago.  Strange that it happen to so many around the same time, no the less, KUDOS for finding the answer.

Happy Holidays,

AuroraLights

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation