Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP office jet 6500 suddenly decided not to print and gives me the following message:

"error-general printer error( 0x61011 bed ) Refer to printer documentation"  I have no idea what this means and do not know how to fix it. Anyone out there can help me? Puleeese????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Typically the 0x6********* errors point to a carriage jam on the printer.  I'll need to know the exact model of the 6500 series of printer that you have to point you to the right steps to clear up this problem.  Do you have the E709a, E709n, E710a, or E710n model of the 6500 series?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
HP Recommended

Typically the 0x6********* errors point to a carriage jam on the printer.  I'll need to know the exact model of the 6500 series of printer that you have to point you to the right steps to clear up this problem.  Do you have the E709a, E709n, E710a, or E710n model of the 6500 series?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thank you but decided to buy a Epsom printer not as good but it will do.
HP Recommended

I have the estn c510 series i get the error message gen print error 0x61011 bed. when I try to print the printing makes a loud clicking noise and gives me this print error message

HP Recommended

i have a E709n with the above printer error.  I tried removing the cartridges and unplugging etc as per the troubleshooting information on the website - error message still comes up.

HP Recommended

I would recommend a partial or semi-full reset on the printer. However I cannot post these steps in the forum as it is against HP policy. 

If you would like, I could private message you the steps or you could private message me and I will send them to you.

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

yes please  -tell me how to private message you. thank you so much

HP Recommended

i found it - im messaging now

HP Recommended

I just sent you the steps SandiWhiteman, I hope they help!

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

HP OFFICEJET 6500 E790

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.