Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

my hp officejet pro 8600 plus doesn't always wake from sleep. I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it to wake up. Pushing the on-off button doesn't work when it's in this sate of sleep. I must unplug it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A Power surge may highly affect the printer performance due the low voltage usage.

Try plugging the printer directly to the power socket and check if that helps.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure to install the latest firmware and then check for any change:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Well thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have tried to update the firmware, but when I get asfar as it selecting my printer, it only shows the version and there's no printer listed. So the update will not occurr. I have tried several times and still when it goes to find my printer, it only shows the firmware version and no printer.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

please try teh following steps and let me know if that works:

From the printer home screen, click the Network icon at the top of the screen.

Click the Settings button and then click View network Summary.

Type the printer IP address into the browser. The EWS page will appear.

Click the Web Services tab,

Click Product Update and click the Check Now button.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I tried following your directions, but I could not find the browser. If you mean the internet browser I use, then it does not bring up any page. Says it does not exist. Maybe I'm entering wrong.

At any rate, I did find on the screen in "web services summar," there is a tab for "printer updates" and it indicates I have the latest update. However, that does not solve how to avoid having to unplug and plug in again to get it from sleep.

While I was doing all this, I noticed I didn't have it set up for "eprint." So I did that.

HP Recommended

Ok,

Thanks for the information.

Is the printer directly connected to the power source or might connected through any power hub or surge protector?

HP Recommended
Power source is thru a surge protector.
HP Recommended

A Power surge may highly affect the printer performance due the low voltage usage.

Try plugging the printer directly to the power socket and check if that helps.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have tried all updates, supposedly firmware is current.  Still having issues with waking HP office jet pro 8600 plus on either Network or direct connect USB.  Possible defect?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Since last post I haven't experienced the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.