Question

Top Student
TheBagels
Message 1 of 62 (27,393 Views)

i have an error message: pick motor stalled

Hi, I have an hp officejet pro 8600 all in one printer. It won't take the paper to print and says the following error message:

pick motor stalled

I am at a loss and in need to print a research paper. Please help!

Thank you.

Honor Student
persidon
Message 2 of 62 (27,386 Views)

Re: i have an error message: pick motor stalled

You not have put in the brick thing in the back it actually picks the paper up for printing from the storage area.

Honor Student
instructor
Message 3 of 62 (27,369 Views)

Same error showed up today after 2 months of good use.  How do I fix?

hot Student
Student
hot
Message 4 of 62 (27,336 Views)

I have the same error Pick motor stalled. WEhat do i do . I keep pressing Ok 

Honor Student
instructor
Message 5 of 62 (27,333 Views)

After 2 hours with tech support on the phone and no joy, HP is sending me another machine.  However, I did try switching default trays (tray 2 was the one that kept getting me the error message).  Tray 1 worked!  If you are in a bind and need to print, try that.  But there is obviously something going on with the motor on the 8600.  It is amazing that all of a sudden, this error is showing up on many machines (I bought mine in January of this year).  HP should get proactive and find out what is happening.  I was really starting to love my machine, but now I'm concerned that after I get the replacement, it could happen again if there is a systemic problem.  HP - ARE YOU READING THIS?

Intern
Cbuck247
Message 6 of 62 (27,297 Views)

I work with HP and just finished a call about this exact issue.

During the call I managed to find a work around, I don't know if this will work for you but since you're waiting on a replacement I felt you may want to know about this.

The issue appears to be the 2nd paper tray, when I had my customer take the printer off of tray 2 and print using the main tray, the error went away and we were able to keep printing.

If your printer has a tray 2, try taking your printer off of the 2nd tray and see if it will print for you.

I just thought you may want to hear this information in case you need something printed while waiting for the replacement.
Top Student
Higgins_D
Message 7 of 62 (27,276 Views)

As silly as it may seem, pull out the paper tray and check if there are any pieces of paper sticking out or bent into the machine. I am a field rep for HP and when I get that error that is usually the culprit.
Student
CaliphJackson
Message 8 of 62 (27,195 Views)

I too am expeiriencing this issue.  What do I do?  I just purchased this printer a month or so ago.  Dang.

-Caliph

Tutor
FrancisN
Message 9 of 62 (27,102 Views)

Please try to update first the FIRMWARE of yoy printer and then turn off and on the printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

Honor Student
kitzhogan
Message 10 of 62 (26,950 Views)

Re: i have an error message: pick motor stalled What to do?

How to fix an error message on the Printer:  "print motor stalled"

How do I fix the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation