03-12-2012 08:49 PM
Hi, I have an hp officejet pro 8600 all in one printer. It won't take the paper to print and says the following error message:
pick motor stalled
I am at a loss and in need to print a research paper. Please help!
03-19-2012 10:52 AM
After 2 hours with tech support on the phone and no joy, HP is sending me another machine. However, I did try switching default trays (tray 2 was the one that kept getting me the error message). Tray 1 worked! If you are in a bind and need to print, try that. But there is obviously something going on with the motor on the 8600. It is amazing that all of a sudden, this error is showing up on many machines (I bought mine in January of this year). HP should get proactive and find out what is happening. I was really starting to love my machine, but now I'm concerned that after I get the replacement, it could happen again if there is a systemic problem. HP - ARE YOU READING THIS?
03-23-2012 02:08 PM
During the call I managed to find a work around, I don't know if this will work for you but since you're waiting on a replacement I felt you may want to know about this.
The issue appears to be the 2nd paper tray, when I had my customer take the printer off of tray 2 and print using the main tray, the error went away and we were able to keep printing.
If your printer has a tray 2, try taking your printer off of the 2nd tray and see if it will print for you.
I just thought you may want to hear this information in case you need something printed while waiting for the replacement.
03-25-2012 11:30 AM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series