Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My problem is the poor print quality of the HP Laserjet cp1215. All printed images (from web, Photoshop or any other program) have thin diagonal lines, a "denim" pattern. I have the latest driver and firmware versions. Even the printers' self-test gives the same result: the lighter color boxes have the same diagonal (upper left/lower right ) pattern - except black which prints out correctly.

So it seems that Imageret 2400 is not working and the printer only gives the "normal" laser output with 600 x 600 resolution. I made a clean boot but the result was the same, so there seems to be no conflicting programs.

I have Win7 Home premium 64-bit.

I have also another computer in the same homegroup from which I can print without problems, it has Win7 Ultimate 32-bit. Is there something with the 64-bit version? I found the exactly same problem here: 

http://www.fixya.com/support/t17675821-hp_cp1215_graphics_printing_diagonally, and also in this case there is  Win 7 64 Home Premium.

49 REPLIES 49
HP Recommended

Hi enska,

I hate to hear you are having print quality issues.  If the self-test page is producing the same result, a hardware issue may be present.   You can view documenation related to this issue by Clicking Here

Note: Please make sure the power supply is plugged directly into a wall outlet.  Also check the connection, as faulty cables and connections can cause software related print quality issues. 

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended
same problem here - "denim" pattern
HP Recommended

Hi Origami13,

I hate to hear you are having print quality issues.  To eliminate hardware related issues please complete steps at the following link. Link  If poor quality is only seen from specific programs a generic driver may help resolve the issue.  Here is a link that will provide the steps for that.  Click Here 

Note: If the printer's test page produces the same result after all steps have been completed, please contact HP technical support (1800-474-6836), to explore replacement or upgrade options based on warranty status. 

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended
VERY frustrating day. The problem is fine red stripes, diagonal across photos. When I print 2, the first one has the strips, the 2nd one is fine. HP support says I need a new printer. Has enska (first post) resolved the problem?
HP Recommended

Hi Orignami13,

I apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing.  Do you experience the problem with other print jobs or programs?  If you have completed all print quality steps and are still experiencing the issue on all prints then a hardware failure is present, and a replacement would be the resolution.  If you are only seeing this issue when printing photos from a specific program, please try the generic driver.  You can also contact the software program manufacturer to explore what options are available for application specific print quality issues.  Please see the below steps that may help resolve software related print quality issues.

1. Plug unit's power source directly into wall outlet

2. Check connections: try a new USB or Ethernet cable

3. Install a generic driver

4. Check paper type: matte or glossy laser paper only

5. Confirm correct paper type is selected in print preferences

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same problem. But in my case I think that this is a 64bit driver problem. Let me explain. I had a PC that was a server. It had Win XP 32bit. test page (the flowers) printed correctly.

2 PCs were connected to the server. Both of them printed correctly. After a while I reinstalled one pc and installed a fresh win7 64 pro... tle older pc still prints correctly.. the other (with the new installation) prited those diagonal patterns.

I had the same problem in my workplace, where we have the same printer. Only my laptop prints those diagonal paterns. All other PC's prints correctly.

Today I have reinstalled theserver pc with Windoes 7 pro 64. A fresh installation on a clean drive. Downloaded your latest driver and now even the printer test page (the flowers) has diagonal paterns.

So it's surelly not a hardware problem.. since it prints correctly from one pc... and not from the other.

Another thing... If I set to print 2 copies of the same picture the first comes with stripes... the second is perfect.

Any help?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.

Denim pattern on the first color page. If I print two copies of the same page, the first page has the demin pattern and the second page is fine.

The internal demo color photo page prints fine.

Windows 7, Firefox 24.0, Photoshop Elements 4.0 (however it is doing it no matter where I print from and what format I print such as .psd or .pdf), HP pavilion g7 laptop.

My cartridges are new. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software. I have calibrated the printer. Tried setting the printer to factory settings. Tried different settings in the preferences menu. I tried new power cord and new usb cord. Did virus scans.

I have spent hours and lots of toner on this...very frustrating.

HP Recommended

Hello samiamabq,

I saw your post and would like to help you out. First of all an uninstall and reinstall of the software will benefit you in this case please click here for the steps to follow. Then print out a  print quality page, please click here and follow solution eight. also a firmware update may help and that's assuming you have the CP1215 so for those directions please click here. If you need further assistance please re post.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I see that you try to help... but unfortunatelly this is not the solution. I made a fresh installation of Win7 Pro64 and a fresh driver installation. And still the printout has diagonal lines on the first printed page. If I set to print 2 pages then the second page is perfect.  And to be even worse... 1 server and 2 pcs connected to it. One pc prints those diagonal lines.. the other one don't.  More.... the server prints those lines... while 1 client pc dont.

Regards

Alan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.