08-20-2013 08:03 PM
I have a laserjet 4700dn that is jamming in the duplex paper path. Error code 13.12.00. It will print on one side but when the paper gets pulled back to print on the other side, the paper goes over the fuser and stops at the back of the transfer unit just inside of the front cover. The fuser has already been relaced. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
09-11-2013 08:54 AM
I agree with the Previous Post as the Jam media you are collecting is from Transfer Belt area when you open the Front door. There are rollers attached at the bottom of the Transfer belt (ETB) .These rollers are responsible for feeding Paper during duplex printing . (Rollers are visible when you open the front door ) Try cleaning those rollers and check if it works for you and if the rollers are worn out may be you need to replace the Transfer belt by consulting Hp technical support .
I work for Hp
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful.
09-11-2013 09:44 AM
The previous posts are great suggestions.
Did you replace your Transfer Kit (ETB) just prior to getting the duplex jams? The backside ETB feed roller assy (assy with 2-screws holding the little white rollers) may not be seated correctly. You can remove the 2-screws and reseat the assy making sure the rollers are in contact with the black feed rollers on the back of the ETB.
Was there something else that was done to the printer just prior to the duplex jams occurring maybe inducing the issue?
Here are some other posts that describe some common paper jam causes for the CLJ4700, CM4730 that you could review for knowledge:
I hope this helps,
I work for HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series