Re: lights blinking rapidly, cartridges was stuck , printer won't print--hp deskjet 5150 (30 Views)
Honor Student
studiostudio1
Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)

lights blinking rapidly, cartridges stuck, printer won't print--hp officejet 6000 wireless

HP Officejet 6000 wireless:

the power, paper and all ink lights are flashing rapidly. I've looked at this post (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01713081&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=386... many times and none of the scenarios match what is happening to my printer. The check condition section at the very top of the page told me that what is happening to my printer is not a valid condition...but it's still happening to my printer anyways.

I've also tried to reset the printer by holding the power, pressing the wireless button three times and the cancel buttom two times. Nothing happens.

I've unplugged the printer and plugged it back in multiple times, and it just goes back to those six lights flashing rapidly

The cartridges also will not move.

Printer is about two months old. Any help would be great.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: lights blinking rapidly, cartridges stuck, printer won't print--hp officejet 6000 wireless

The problem you're having is caused by a fatal error in the firmware.  There really isn't a whole lot you can do to fix the problem once it comes up.  I would honestly suggest that you call HP tech support.  Since it's only a couple of months old, it should still be under warranty depending on where you bought it.  You can find the contact information linked below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/HP-Tech-Support-Number/m-p/1792045/highligh...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
cynink
Message 3 of 3 (30 Views)

Re: lights blinking rapidly, cartridges was stuck , printer won't print--hp deskjet 5150

Hi all. This is my first time using you all for solutions. Just see the message above and you will know exatly what is happening.  The cartrudge was stuck but I don't believe that this was my error. i.e. I put it in correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation