my new hp officejet pro 8600 can't print excel spreadsheets as wont allow change of network printer (344 Views)
Student
DavoSnr
Message 1 of 2 (344 Views)

my new hp officejet pro 8600 can't print excel spreadsheets as wont allow change of network printer

Product is HP Officejet Pro 8600

Operating System Windows 7 64 bit

wont allow this wireless network printer to be set as default printer 

when printing excel spreadsheets wont allow you to change to network printer even though you can see it in the list

hence cant print any spreadhseet to this printer

when trying to print pdfs cant even find a valid printer because this is the only printer listed currently all others have been removed, even though you can clearly see HP Officejet Pro 8600 (network) in list

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)

my new hp officejet pro 8600 can't print excel spreadsheets as wont allow change of network printer

First, DavoSnr, which 8600 are you working with (The Pro, Plus or Premium)? Also have you installed the printer from the CD or did you use the plug and play drivers that automatically install when you plug the printer in with a USB cord (a good way to tell is by going to Devices and Printers and if the image looks like the printer, it is the HP software)? If it was the latter, then you will likely need to remove the version you have, go to the hp support website and install the full feature software package.

http://goo.gl/7R6HT

Let me know!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation