Question

Tutor
bensonportland
Message 1 of 12 (1,523 Views)
Accepted Solution

my officejet 4500 g510n-z solution center stopped working. tried to reinstall software, no luck,

solution center says my device didn't complete installation.. this is a new issue. I have been using this printer since installing it new. i have reinstalled & no luck. I can print via wireless connection (test page) & wireless diagnostics says everything is fine. I have also tried using a downloaded "add device" patch from HP. the printer works fine from 2 other computers on my home network. the test page shows my IP address correctly. I really don't want to go thru the hassle of complely uninstalling & reinstalling. any advise?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 12 (1,510 Views)

Re: my officejet 4500 g510n-z solution center stopped working. tried to reinstall software, no luck,

What OS do you have the problem with?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
bensonportland
Message 3 of 12 (1,508 Views)

Re: my officejet 4500 g510n-z solution center stopped working. tried to reinstall software, no luck,

My os is Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 12 (1,505 Views)

Don't uninstall and reinstall everything just yet.  You said you reinstalled Solution Center, but did you uninstall Solution Center first?  If not, uninstall Solution Center and then reinstall it.  If you did uninstall first, then I would try to do a full uninstall and reinstall from a fresh software download.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
bensonportland
Message 5 of 12 (1,504 Views)

Is there a separate install for Solution Center on the installation cd? I don't remember seeing that as a separate item. Or do I uninstall Solution Center via the control panel/programs, etc?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 12 (1,498 Views)

Uninstall Solution Center using the control panel.  The install for it will come up when you run the CD.  It will say install more software.  When you click that it will give you the option for Solution Center.

Signature
Tutor
bensonportland
Message 7 of 12 (1,495 Views)

I did the uninstall of Solution Center, reinstalled the software for it from th cd. Still get the message: HPSC cannot run because your device installation is not complete. I tells me to plug in usb cable or run setup from cd for network installaton. My printer works fine via my home network, & prints test pages. I also ran a network diagnostic test which showed perfect settings. The only thing not working is the Solution Center. I am about to throw the printer in the trash. I haven't had any trouble with this printer before.
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 12 (1,494 Views)

Instead of using the CD to install it, try installing from a download.  It might be a problem with the software on the CD.  The link below will get you to the right download.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80348-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Signature
Tutor
bensonportland
Message 9 of 12 (1,474 Views)

I appreciate the follow up advise but the only thing that worked was to completely uninstall the printer software & do a new install.  Now, my HP solution center opens, the printer prints fine. Btw, I tried installing from the download & that didn't work, either. I got a solution window that had me walk through numerous steps & still failed to operate property. anyone else with this problem, should just uninstall & reinstall, I guess.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 12 (1,471 Views)

Glad you got it working.  Thank you for posting the solution.  That will help a lot of people.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation