Question

Top Student
atkron145
Message 1 of 4 (2,460 Views)

my officejet 4620 will not print in color

[ Edited ]

I recently replaced my color ink.  I purchased HP ink that is supposed to go with the Officejet 4620.  Now, the printer won't print in color.  I've done just about everything I can think of besides replacing the cartidges again.  Any suggestions?

Top Student
atkron145
Message 2 of 4 (2,437 Views)

Re: my officejet 4620 will not print in color

Bump

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 3 of 4 (2,432 Views)

Hey atkron145,

I see that you have an Officejet 4620 and you are having a print quality issue getting the color to print after changing cartridges.  

Have you tried performing an Ink System Reset to make sure all the connections were secure between the printer, printhead, and cartridges?  For the steps to perform an ink system reset click here.

As well, have you run the Automated Printhead Cleaning utility found in the tools menu of the printer?  I would advise running 3 levels of this in an attempt to unclog the ports in the printhead of the 4620.

I would advise taking a look at the document provided by HP for troubleshooting print quality issues in the 4620.  The document can be found by clicking here.

Let me know the results.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
HappyMan4321
Message 4 of 4 (2,169 Views)

After changing blk cart printer will not print properly or in color. previously printed calendars in color or blk and white

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation