04-07-2013 11:55 AM - edited 04-07-2013 12:00 PM
I recently replaced my color ink. I purchased HP ink that is supposed to go with the Officejet 4620. Now, the printer won't print in color. I've done just about everything I can think of besides replacing the cartidges again. Any suggestions?
04-08-2013 04:02 PM
I see that you have an Officejet 4620 and you are having a print quality issue getting the color to print after changing cartridges.
Have you tried performing an Ink System Reset to make sure all the connections were secure between the printer, printhead, and cartridges? For the steps to perform an ink system reset click here.
As well, have you run the Automated Printhead Cleaning utility found in the tools menu of the printer? I would advise running 3 levels of this in an attempt to unclog the ports in the printhead of the 4620.
I would advise taking a look at the document provided by HP for troubleshooting print quality issues in the 4620. The document can be found by clicking here.
Let me know the results.
I am not an HP employee.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)