04-07-2013 11:55 AM - edited 04-07-2013 12:00 PM
I recently replaced my color ink. I purchased HP ink that is supposed to go with the Officejet 4620. Now, the printer won't print in color. I've done just about everything I can think of besides replacing the cartidges again. Any suggestions?
04-08-2013 04:02 PM
I see that you have an Officejet 4620 and you are having a print quality issue getting the color to print after changing cartridges.
Have you tried performing an Ink System Reset to make sure all the connections were secure between the printer, printhead, and cartridges? For the steps to perform an ink system reset click here.
As well, have you run the Automated Printhead Cleaning utility found in the tools menu of the printer? I would advise running 3 levels of this in an attempt to unclog the ports in the printhead of the 4620.
I would advise taking a look at the document provided by HP for troubleshooting print quality issues in the 4620. The document can be found by clicking here.
Let me know the results.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series