01-22-2012 08:41 AM
My Officejet j6450 will not go "online" after installing a new modem/router and reconnecting my D-link print server. I have Windows XP and use a Motorola SBG6580. The printer can be set to "online" on the printer page on the computer, but the printer itself is set to "offline" and cannot be changed. If I shut the printer down then turn it back on, all print jobs in the que will print. Any suggestions as to what I can do?. I have tried everything I know including emptying the print spooler file. Thanks.
01-02-2013 05:20 PM
This article should help with your printer offline error:
Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series