Question

Honor Student
frostytown
Message 1 of 4 (283 Views)
Accepted Solution

new hp photosmt 5520 prints blah, faded photos. used c6380 before and there's no comparison. help?

Had to get new printer because HP Photosmart C6380 showed printer head problem, and no matter what I did (took out, cleaned, talked to, prayed upon) it would not work.  Needed to print and parts are not available locally.

Office supply store dealer told me HP Photosmart 5520 is a "later generation" of the C6380, and uses the same printer ink (which I wanted since I have a good supply).

Turns out it uses only 4 out of 5 of the inks, and the photo prints are horrible. 

Can anyone help?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)

new hp photosmt 5520 prints blah, faded photos. used c6380 before and there's no comparison. help?

The sales person may have been a little under informed. Because the printer doesn't use the photo black (the fifth cartridge that you mentioned), the prints will not be quite the same quality of the C6380 that you had. Since it sounds like this was very resent purchase, I personally would take the printer back to the store and get a 7520. The Photosmart 7520 uses all 5 of the inks and should have the same quality that you are used to with the C6380. If that isn't an option, let me know and I will do my best to help you with the quality problem of the 5520.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
frostytown
Message 3 of 4 (248 Views)

Re: new hp photosmt 5520 prints blah, faded photos. used c6380 before and there's no comparison. h

I just returned to town and read your email.  This solution will work, I THINK!  Salesperson offered me an on-sale item originally.  If I don't have to pay an exorbitant difference to get the better quality printer -- as I expected to have the first time -- AND if the salesperson agrees to take the used printer in return, then we're OK.

Thanks for your response.

Tutor
sammieg
Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)

Re: new hp photosmt 5520 prints blah, faded photos. used c6380 before and there's no comparison. h

I have an HP Photosmart C6380 All In One and it has worked beautifully for the past year or so.  I forget when I purchased it but it was working just fine until either MS or HP downloaded an upgrade and the printer stopped functioning.  I cannot print from any of the MS Office 2010 programs nor from online links.  I purchased a C6250 recently and it is not of the same quality as the 6380 and the functions are very clumsy to use.  I ran an alignment check on the C6380 and it stated that the Alignment test failed.  I have done absolutely nothing mechanically to this printer.  Is there a better way of fixing the C6380 so I can return the C6250 to the seller?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation