10-06-2012 09:33 PM
Had to get new printer because HP Photosmart C6380 showed printer head problem, and no matter what I did (took out, cleaned, talked to, prayed upon) it would not work. Needed to print and parts are not available locally.
Office supply store dealer told me HP Photosmart 5520 is a "later generation" of the C6380, and uses the same printer ink (which I wanted since I have a good supply).
Turns out it uses only 4 out of 5 of the inks, and the photo prints are horrible.
Can anyone help?
This question was solved. View Solution.
new hp photosmt 5520 prints blah, faded photos. used c6380 before and there's no comparison. help?
10-09-2012 12:32 PM
10-09-2012 12:32 PM
10-16-2012 04:50 PM
I just returned to town and read your email. This solution will work, I THINK! Salesperson offered me an on-sale item originally. If I don't have to pay an exorbitant difference to get the better quality printer -- as I expected to have the first time -- AND if the salesperson agrees to take the used printer in return, then we're OK.
Thanks for your response.
11-27-2012 09:07 AM
I have an HP Photosmart C6380 All In One and it has worked beautifully for the past year or so. I forget when I purchased it but it was working just fine until either MS or HP downloaded an upgrade and the printer stopped functioning. I cannot print from any of the MS Office 2010 programs nor from online links. I purchased a C6250 recently and it is not of the same quality as the 6380 and the functions are very clumsy to use. I ran an alignment check on the C6380 and it stated that the Alignment test failed. I have done absolutely nothing mechanically to this printer. Is there a better way of fixing the C6380 so I can return the C6250 to the seller?
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series