Question

4th Honor Student
Honor Student
4th
Message 1 of 5 (938 Views)

not printing on cardstock

I have tried different paper setting under properties, but I can't get the printer to print text on cardstock. The cardstock runs through the printer and comes out blank. It will print on regular printer paper, but not cardstock. It is an HP Photosmart Plus.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 5 (924 Views)

Re: not printing on cardstock

Hi 4th,

Is the model number of your printer the B209a, b, c, d, or e?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
4th Honor Student
Honor Student
4th
Message 3 of 5 (919 Views)

It is an HP Photo Smart Plus e-All in one Series B210.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 5 (911 Views)

Make sure that the default paper size matches the width and length of the paper loaded in the tray. If the paper loaded in the tray is different from the paper size setting, the product might print blank pages. For instance, the issue might occur if legal size paper (215 x 355 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)) is in the tray, and the paper size setting is letter (215 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)).

Follow these steps to check the default paper settings.
  1. Click the Windows icon.
  2. Click Devices and printers .
  3. Right-click the icon for the product and then click Printing Preferences .
  4. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then compare the settings in the Paper Size drop-down menu with the paper in the tray. If the size of the paper in the tray is not the same as the setting in the Sizedrop-down menu, change the setting:
    1. Click the Paper Size drop-down list, and then select the size of the paper that is in the tray.
    2. Click OK to close the Printing Preferences window.
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
notfunny
Message 5 of 5 (335 Views)

I have HP .c410 printer which won't print on cardstock.  When cardstock is loaded the cardstock comes thru the printer blank and prints on paper that is following.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation