Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

my printer worked great until i replaced my print cartridges. I replaced the black with 21 and the color with 22.

my test page prints fine and at times my printing is fine as well. often though my printing is extremely slow. cannot figure out why at times it is slow and other times it is fine. did not have this problem until i replaced my print cartridges.

i found a post about slow printing and i have tried the various steps. not sure what the issue is. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Genuine new HP ink installed?

You might remove the cartridges, reboot the printer and let it power up without the cartridges, and then reinstall the cartridges. Eliminate any surge strips or extension cables, plug the unit directly in a wall outlet.

When you mention slow, how slow? How long to print from the computer exactly? How long to print a job initiated from the printer exactly?

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yopu might try re-aligning the printer again

1. Load unused, plain, white letter, A4, or legal paper into the input tray.
    NOTE:If colored paper is loaded in the input tray when the print cartridges are aligned, the alignment will fail. Load unused, plain, white paper into the input tray, and then try the alignment again.
  2. Press Setup .
  3. Press 6 to select Tools .
  4. Press 2 to select Align Print Cartridge .
    The unit prints a print cartridge alignment sheet.
  5. Load the alignment sheet print-side down and top first in the center of the document feeder tray, and then press OK .
    Figure 8: Inserting the alignment sheet
  6. The unit aligns the print cartridges. Recycle or discard the print cartridge alignment sheet.
I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

this process is extremely slow, should it be slow when aligning

HP Recommended

tried this and still slow

HP Recommended

Genuine new HP ink installed?

You might remove the cartridges, reboot the printer and let it power up without the cartridges, and then reinstall the cartridges. Eliminate any surge strips or extension cables, plug the unit directly in a wall outlet.

When you mention slow, how slow? How long to print from the computer exactly? How long to print a job initiated from the printer exactly?

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended

The solution worked !!!  After removing the cartridges and powering up the printer, it works just like it did before replacing the cartridges. This old work horse works better than the newer printers. Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.