Question

Top Student
Connielk
Message 1 of 5 (338 Views)

officejet 4315 won't print, been through all the diagnostics

[ Edited ]

My hp officejet 4315  printer won't print even though everything checks out.  the printer says it is online and ready. When I press buttons on the printer the compu ter responds.  When I try to print nothing happens and nothing shows up in the printer queue.  It has paper, ink etc.  My firewall isn'tinterferring, my software has be uninstalled and reinstalled, printer turned off and on, computer restarted.  Any other suggestions?

It was working fine, then I had to do a restore on my computer.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 5 (320 Views)

I will need some more information in order to help out. How is the computer connected to the printer? What is the OS on the computer connected to the printer? What is the program you are printing from? When you say that the computer responds to buttons pressed on the printer, what are you doing to get the reaction? Are you scanning or some other activity? Please Clarify. Thanks

If you have a windows OS; you could try stopping and restarting the print spooler . You would do that by pressing the Windows Key + r for the run command, then type “net stop spooler” and press enter. Then Press Windows Key + r and then type “net start spooler” to restart the spooler.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
Connielk
Message 3 of 5 (318 Views)

Re: officejet 4315 won't print, been through all the diagnostics

Thanks for replying.  I am operating windows XP.  I have tried stopping and restarting the print spooler.  When I scan or copy from the printer, the solution center comes up on the screen.  I have tried printing from Open Office, Acrobat, notepad and our practice management software.  They act as if the command has been carried out, but the printer icon never comes up on my toolbar and nothing prints.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

How is the printer connected to the computer that you are using it with? Is it connected via USB? If I would try another USB 2.0 cable to make sure that the cable is not the cause of the issue. Also, try to print a test page from the Devices and Printers under the computer's Control Panel. Also do a test page from the printer's front panel menu. Just press the set up button in the top right corner and print any report that is available we are just testing hardware functionality. Also, make sure that the printer is plugged directly into the wall outlet to ensure that the unit is getting proper power.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
Connielk
Message 5 of 5 (305 Views)

Re: officejet 4315 won't print, been through all the diagnostics

Yes, I have tried all these solutions.  Thanks for the input.  It is still not working with this computer.  We plugged a laptop into it and it prints fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation