10-16-2012 08:41 AM - edited 10-16-2012 08:43 AM
My hp officejet 4315 printer won't print even though everything checks out. the printer says it is online and ready. When I press buttons on the printer the compu ter responds. When I try to print nothing happens and nothing shows up in the printer queue. It has paper, ink etc. My firewall isn'tinterferring, my software has be uninstalled and reinstalled, printer turned off and on, computer restarted. Any other suggestions?
It was working fine, then I had to do a restore on my computer.
11-07-2012 01:52 PM
If you have a windows OS; you could try stopping and restarting the print spooler . You would do that by pressing the Windows Key + r for the run command, then type “net stop spooler” and press enter. Then Press Windows Key + r and then type “net start spooler” to restart the spooler.
11-08-2012 07:51 AM
Thanks for replying. I am operating windows XP. I have tried stopping and restarting the print spooler. When I scan or copy from the printer, the solution center comes up on the screen. I have tried printing from Open Office, Acrobat, notepad and our practice management software. They act as if the command has been carried out, but the printer icon never comes up on my toolbar and nothing prints.
11-09-2012 03:00 PM
11-12-2012 01:19 PM
Yes, I have tried all these solutions. Thanks for the input. It is still not working with this computer. We plugged a laptop into it and it prints fine.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)