05-04-2014 01:22 PM
Officejet 5610 recently had a black ink cartridge change.
Now, printouts do not print in black and white. For example the logo will print in color even if I select black and white from the print dialog box--note: the text does print in black either way.
When I have selected black and white from the printer properties box then the entire document is in black and white.
A partial reset was performed with no effect.
05-06-2014 04:27 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I see you are having black printing issues on the Officejet 5610 after changing the ink. I would like you to print a self test, this HP document: Faded or Dull Colors in Printouts will teach you how and show you what it should look like. Only follow the troubleshooting in that document if the self test does not print correctly.
I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Dr on the computer to check for driver / software issues. If there is a driver / software issue this should clear it up.
Thanks for posting and I will keep an eye out for your reply,
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)