Question

Top Student
Kodataw
Message 1 of 12 (12,165 Views)
Accepted Solution

officejet 6500 E709N always says paper jam

I have just started to use this printer, bought awhile ago but just unboxed and installed it today 6/11/12 , after setting up the wireless feature , I printed up 5 pages, after that the printer has said "paper jam" and "paper stall". I went through all of the steps for looking for and clearing any paper jams, there is absolutely nothing jammed anywhere. This is very disturbing, I need a reliable printer but it looks like I bought a $180.00 paper weight.

Any help as to what to look for next would be helpful. I am looking for a new job and need this thing to work for printing my resume's, I cant afford right now to replace it, its new already for petes sake.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 12 (12,162 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 E709N always says paper jam

Hi,

Please follow these instructions:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01959045&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Kodataw
Message 3 of 12 (12,161 Views)

I have done everything in that article, none of it helped, As soon as you power the printer on, you can hear the printhead moving, but its goes straight to saying paper jam before it does anything else.

Top Student
Kodataw
Message 4 of 12 (12,139 Views)

After going in circles for about 8 hours on this printer, decided to open it up and see what was going on. Once I figured out the proper disassembly sequence to go through, checked all of the gearing, then started to look for broken wires or bad connections. Found that one wire going to main feed motor was VERY poorly soldered on and had fallen off while it was printing the initial pages I wanted to print. Resoldered the wire on with silver solder, reassembled the printer, did a full reset, works like a champ now.

Honor Student
WideRight
Message 5 of 12 (12,047 Views)

I am having the same chronic "paper jam" issue.  I have tried for more than 2 months to clear this mysterious jam.  I have followed the detailed paper jam clearing instructions several times.  I have even taken the printer out to my air compressor and blown out the paper path looking to free up this mysterious micro-particle of paper.

The loose wire scenario seems like it might be what I need to investigate.  I didn't recall any crumpled or torn pages prior to the paper jam issue.  Any hints on how to disassemble the printer?  Any other things to look for?

Alternatively, where are the paper jam sensor(s) located in the printer so I can look at them directly as well?

Thank you.

Paul 

Honor Student
WideRight
Message 6 of 12 (12,019 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have found a solution to my version of the HP Officejet 6500 Wireless paper jam error.  I ran across this youtube video that describes a partial reset:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TbWMrTaFk

To quickly recap, I have had the paper jam error for several months.  I took  an air compressor and blew out the printer, the paper path, and anything that looked foreign in the printer.  There WAS NO PAPER IN THE PRINTER.  Then I found the video describing printer resets.

{Content Removed}

I did this and the printer printed a status report like nothing ever happened.  {Content Removed} Good luck to all.

If HP reads this, shame on you for not ever suggesting such a simple fix in any of the THOUSANDS of posts on the internet about 6500 paper jam!!!

Top Student
schulz912
Message 7 of 12 (10,779 Views)

I did try the reset item # and 3 on the HP sight.  My printer now gives the error " cartridge cradle cannot move."  There is/was no paper jam ever.  Cartridge cradle stuck on right.  This has been over a week now and I am ready to throw it out.

HELP!!!!!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 12 (10,775 Views)

officejet 6500 E709N always says paper jam

You can try pulling the cradle out by hand, but you run the risk of damaging the printer. Normally when this happens you have to replace the printer. Sorry.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
gwesterman
Message 9 of 12 (9,786 Views)

I have had this same issue on my last three HP office jets, all right after the warranty ran out. With the last one, I escalated a call through support, to two case managers and on to corporate. Corporate told me yesterday that I shouldn't buy HP if I expect the product to last very long after the warranty expires. Apparently, it is unreasonable to expect an HP printer to last 18 months. I'm going to Canon. Printers cost less and ink is WAY less.
Honor Student
dcz2517
Message 10 of 12 (8,365 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 E709N always says paper jam when there is no jam cartridge dos not move

Re: officejet 6500 E709N always says paper jam when there is no jam cartridge dos not move

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation