officejet 6500 won't print black (539 Views)
Student
mpaocala
Message 1 of 3 (539 Views)

officejet 6500 won't print black

My officejet 6500 worked fine...ran out of black ink, so I put in a new large size cartridge, and now it won't print black (print or copy); put in all new other 3 cartridges, and now it saying the cyan is empty!  Read lots of posts and so far have only tried the 3/# disconnect move.  What else might work?... this problem is ridiculously frustrating!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (538 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 won't print black

The post here may help.  Be sure to check the vents.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
krishna_cnk
Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 won't print black

Pl check  are  you using right  ink cartrige  and it is  genine HP ink cartridge. PL  try  with print head claning  ref to page 151 in the user manual , see the attached link for the product user manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01669504.pdf.  Hope this  helps you to solve the probelm .

I am Hp employee

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue... "
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation