Question

Honor Student
The_Lawyer88
Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)

officejet 6600 cannot print manual double-sided correctly

Hi! It has been 2 days of experiencing problems. Yesterday I bought HP Officejet 4500 G510 G-M and it would not work properly when duplex printing: e.g. pages printed were 31-30, 33-32 etc. or in booklet layout was a total mess: 7 then 48, then 9 then 55, then 9 etc. That is why today I brought it back to Media Markt in Berlin and exchanged it for Officejet 6600 with product No CZ155A. I am using a Dell Inspiron with Win 7 version on it.  There are no error messages and the issue was there from the beginning. An official HP assistant at Media Markt in Berlin explicitly told me that to print double-sided on this model I have to take out the pages and put them back in the tray manually. So far so good. I go home happily dragging the printer with me. I unwrap it, turn it on, do everything it says, then put the CD in my laptop register every possible thing there was to register and I decide to try and prind the faulty pages from last night. I discovered that in properties of the printer there was none of those nice pictured options that came up with HP OJ 4500. There are only a few things to chose from which are  simply not enough. I try printing odd pages. Job done. Then I print even pages, after I manually turned them arond, as per instructions from the HP rep in the shop, not any nice pics for dummies like me and: on odd 31( the range of pages was 30-54) on the back prints page 54...3 pages later I stop the printing job and try again. This time clicking on reverse pages. Even worse. pages get printed like: 36-43, 45-38 etc.  

I hope you understand the difficulty that I am having. And if you can, please help me. If not I think I will have to go back to the shop for a 4th time those 2 days and just tell the HP rep that he misrepresented the capabilities of HP and I just want to go with canon or any other brand instead. 

I am not a rocket scientist, therefore I think that printing should not be comparable with astrophysics. To me, so far it is. 

I would appreciate a prompt reply, otherwise my printing days with HP will be over when I go and bring it back to the shop! Thank you for your time and efforts.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 5 (397 Views)

Re: officejet 6600 cannot print manual double-sided correctly

Hi, what program are you using to print?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
The_Lawyer88
Message 3 of 5 (396 Views)

Hi! Just clicking Print from adobe. Pdf file

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 5 (394 Views)

Is Adobe up to date?

Do you get the same results with other PDF files?

Try another PDF reader like Nitro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
The_Lawyer88
Message 5 of 5 (388 Views)

Hi! It is up to date and yes I tried with other programmes. 

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time and efforts!

Secondly, I just went to the store and the store technician told me that the document that I am trying to print is too large and my laptop just confuses the printer after it's memory is full. If this makes any sense, this was his explanation. 

I asked since when are 60 page pdf documents too large for a printer to handle...and got no sensible reply.

At least thanks to the amazing German return policy, I just returned it and bought a Canon. At least I know that my laptop has worked with it perfectly before.

Therefore I would not need any further help. 

I would like to thank you again! And to apologise for the aggitated tone of language in my first Board post. Have a nice day and Happy New Year!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation