Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have looked through all of the documentation and the faq and have been unable to find the answer. I have done this with plenty of other printers, where it has been an option on the advanced settings page, and I can't figure out how to do it on this printer.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi, there is no automatic duplexer option on the 7500a.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hey thanks,

What about a manual duplex option?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Manual print duplexing can be done by using the Pages to Print setting as following:

From the application used to print, open the Print Dialog (File > Print)

Click the Options, Properties or Preferences button to access the Printing Preferences window.

Click the Advanced Button.

First print only the odd pages, flip the pages over (faced up), and then print only the even pages.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, just print the odd pages first then flip the output and print the even pages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hey Shlomi,

Thank you for the reply. With every printer that I have had during this century, there has been an option specifically for duplex printing. Meaning that I could print something, and the software would automatically print the even pages, and then once I flipped the papers over, all I had to do was hit a button and it would do the rest. I realize that it is possible to do it by manually printing odd and even pages like we had to do 15 years ago, but I print a lot of duplex and this little time saver is really useful. So you are saying that this feature has now been removed in this printer? Are there any plans to update the drive to add it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have information about any future plans, only time will say if any change will be made.

Please clarify your OS version, you may set any alternative driver as a workaround.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi,

I am using windows vista 64 bit. If you know of an alternative driver, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I think I am just going to return the printer. If it lacks basic features like this, I don't want to risk finding out what else is lacking. Even my old cannon was able to do this.

HP Recommended

Ok, please those steps to configure a different driver, it won't affect any print quality and provide you some more print settings.

First, Open Control Penal > Printers

Right click the 7500 icon and select Properties.

Enter the Ports tab, take a note of the used port and terminate the window.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Control Panel .
  2. Click Printers .
  3. On the top of the Printers window, click Add a printer . The Add Printer wizard opens.
    NOTE:If the User Account Control window opens, click Allow to continue.
  4. Click Add a local printer , and then click Next . The Choose a printer port window opens.
  5. Select Use an existing port , select the port used by the 7500, and then click Next . The Install the printer driver window opens.
  6. Click HP in the list of manufacturers.
  7. Select HP Deskjet 6500 from the list of printers, and then click Next . The Name your printer window opens.
  8. Type a name for the product in the Printer name box, or accept the default printer name, and then click Next . The printer driver installs.
  9. After the installation completes, click Print a test page .
  10. Click Finish when the test page prints.

Please let me know of any issue,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

The manual option is not as simple as print ODD then FLIP then EVENS.

After wasting a lot of paper, I worked out that it is SELECT REVERSE PRINT FIRST FOR ODD then ROTATE FRESH PRINT 180 CHUCK BACK IN THE TRAY PRINTED SIDE UP then PRINT EVEN.

How does a supposed all singing and all dancing PRINTER/SCANNER/FAX/EMAILER/pretty much most things, does not have a duplexing program or automatic duplexing????

If my wife didn't need to print A3...:smileyfrustrated:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.