Question

Honor Student
Benst
Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

p1102w Envelope problem

I have had a new p1102w for a few weeks. It prints legal size without issue and printed envelopes fine until yesterday. Now the individual letters when printing envelopes are lighter and blurry. Any ideas how to fix this?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 5 (302 Views)

Re: p1102w Envelope problem

There could be a few different things causing this.  This document should work you through the problem.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Benst
Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

The only thing that works (kind of, but not fully) is to adjust the "print density" to the maximum. Even then, it is just barely accepatable. So, problem is not really solved just a little better. Only on envelopes. On letter and legal, the print is fine.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 5 (292 Views)

It could be the type of envelope you're printing on.  What type and brand of envelope are you printing on?  I want to try and find a sample to look at and feel.  Depending on the way the paper is made, it might effect the way it accepts ink.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Danielley
Message 5 of 5 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just bought 3 of these machines and 1 machine is having this very same problem.  The one with the isuue was bought about 4 weeks ago and printed envelopes perfectly up until today.  No change in paper, envelopes, settings, ink or anything else, just a different day.  No matter if it is plain paper or an envelope, when in the envelopes and labels setting in Word, it will not print clearly.  I have tried everything.

I don't know if I should just return all of them because having this issue is just not something I can deal with in an office where printing envelopes is essential.  Have there been any fixes found?  The previous post was over a year ago.

I have to say, for a while I would only buy or suggest to anyone to buy HP printers.  I use them in my office and have for 10 years, but I am really thinking on changing.  Hp printers are just not like they used to be.  I have been through well over 15 Hp printers in my office just this year.  The minor issues that they have lately are so exasperating for a small business like mine.  Everyday I have to troubleshoot one of our newer HP's and it takes so much of my time that I just end up buying a new one.  I have stopped buying the extended warranty because of so many issues just trying to get a machine replaced, again quite a hassle.   Previously I was using a 940 deskjet for 10 years in this same office without fail until it finally had enough of me.  What happened to the HP I loved?  All I have now is a graveyard of Hp printers with issues in my back room of my office. :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation