08-30-2012 09:05 AM - last edited on 08-30-2012 09:07 AM by ValerieG
i have a photosmart 5515 and the black does not print anymore, it only prints grey and not at all when printing color. [Personal Information Removed]
Solved! View Solution.
Re: photosmart 5515 the Black print head maybe dead.
09-06-2012 11:08 AM
No worries - got it taken care of.
08-31-2012 05:15 PM
09-02-2012 12:15 PM
Thank you for your response - but I whent thru the trobleshooting DOC file and tried everything again and still no black printing. It will only print a value of say 5 on a scale from 0-10 where 0 is no ink and 10 is pure black. I used Corel draw to place a black block on the screen and it will only print 50% grey. No rich black will come out, it will not saturate. Even when I print at normal or best usingfull color not black is printed at all.
09-04-2012 03:20 PM
The printhead may be gone. Since the printhead is not replacable, the only way to fix it is to replace the printer. Since the printer is so new, it should be in warranty. You can check the warranty here. If you're still in warranty, call tech support for a replacement. You can reach them at 1-800-474-6836 in the US and Canada, international user click here. Let me know what they tell you.
09-06-2012 10:26 AM
I'm sorry, but there is no reference number for support from the forums. If you call tech support, you may have to repeat some of what you have already done. Sorry I didn't mention that at first, and that it took so long to respond.
09-06-2012 12:40 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)