07-30-2012 01:34 PM
Is the printer connected directly to the Mac (wirelessly) or is connected through the network (via a router)?
07-31-2012 08:52 AM
Ok, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. To uninstall, go to the Print & Fax system preferences, right-click the printer list, and select the option to reset the printing system. Your printer will disappear, and you will then need to set it up again.
Here is a link to a guide that will walk you through how to connect and install the printer:
Click the link above, then select your your OS by clicking on the + sign next to Mac OS X 10.6. Let me know if this helps or not.
04-24-2013 10:19 AM
I go thru the whole installation process but when I get to the part where it says to check my printer from the list it isn't there.
01-14-2014 09:38 PM
Yeah I am having the same problem with the same printer but I have an HP computer. I even ran a printer cable and it still will not print.
02-13-2014 10:26 AM
Photosmart C5100 runs through a router. When I try and print it says the printer is busy however it is not.
Nothing will print. What can I do.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)