Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, good evening:

I use Microsoft XP and HP Envy 4500 printer:

I'm trying since this morning to print a pdf With No Margin in adobe reader. When I select "Print" (inside Adobe Reader) In the printer option I choose the printer HP Evny 4500, and inside its options I choose to printi with no margins. (seee image 1)

1.JPG

But I also need to  edit the default margin that adobe reader put in order to remove the margin but I can not change that, adobe reader has a default margin taht i can not "remove" (see image 2)

2.JPG

P.D.: I use adobe reader version 11, where there is no the "Borderless Printing" button

help me please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Helen23,

Welcome to the HP forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I see that you are having some issues with removing the margins when printing a PDF on your Windows XP PC from Adobe Reader to your Envy 4500. I can help you with that.

To give us an idea of what the issue may be what we'll do is create a document in Word Pad and see if we can remove the margins before printing. If you can print without margins from Win Pad then that means that Adobe Reader is doing something to the print settings on your computer. If that is the case then I would uninstall all of the Envy 4500 software on your computer, uninstall Adobe Reader, and then reinstall both our drivers and Adobe Reader. You can download our drivers by clicking on this link.

If you are still unable to change the margin settings in Adobe afterwards then I would contact Adobe for support.

I hope this helps you with printing your PDFs and I hope you have a great weekend!

If this resolves your issue then please let others know by clicking on Accept as Solution on my post.

If you appreciate my help then please click on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @Helen23,

Welcome to the HP forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I see that you are having some issues with removing the margins when printing a PDF on your Windows XP PC from Adobe Reader to your Envy 4500. I can help you with that.

To give us an idea of what the issue may be what we'll do is create a document in Word Pad and see if we can remove the margins before printing. If you can print without margins from Win Pad then that means that Adobe Reader is doing something to the print settings on your computer. If that is the case then I would uninstall all of the Envy 4500 software on your computer, uninstall Adobe Reader, and then reinstall both our drivers and Adobe Reader. You can download our drivers by clicking on this link.

If you are still unable to change the margin settings in Adobe afterwards then I would contact Adobe for support.

I hope this helps you with printing your PDFs and I hope you have a great weekend!

If this resolves your issue then please let others know by clicking on Accept as Solution on my post.

If you appreciate my help then please click on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks DocCottle,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.