Question

Student
Scarred_owl
Message 1 of 7 (1,512 Views)

print queue problems

I have HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Series 309a.  I run Windows 7 64-bit (and previously) Vista.  I  have the latest drivers (I am so informed when I try to install the latest drivers from the HP site.)

I have spent dozens in not hundreds of hours since purchasing this product to resolve print queue problems.  Even with the latest HPPSdr.exe, the problem continues.  A document does not print.  One tries to delete it from the queue.  It can't be deleted.  One then runs the HPPSdr program.  It indicates a queue problem was detected and fixed.  It offers to print a test page.  One can't do that because that simply adds another document to the queue that does not get fixed.  What one CAN do after running the program is delete the previously "stuck" document.  It can now be deleted.  Then one must turn the printer on and off and reboot the computer.  Then, MAYBE, the printer will work - FOR A WHILE UNTIL IT GETS STUCK AGAIN. 

Hours and hours are lost as one goes through this time-consuming process over and over again.

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 2 of 7 (1,497 Views)

Re: print queue problems

[ Edited ]

After checking with the latest HPPSdr.exe, also change the USB cable.

If will be better with a brand new USB cable, and confirm that it mentions USB 2.0

Let us know how it works, :smileywink:

Cheers 

Click on KUDOS star. 

Student
Very-Frustrated
Message 3 of 7 (1,491 Views)

I have an hp officejet pro 8500 A909a series, i got it a while back and its been working fine ever since, but today it just decided to not work, the printer itself seems to be fine but its posted as offline even thought its connected to my network, my computer can detect it but its offline. I ran the scan doctor and it said every hting was fine and it offered to print a test page so i accepted and nothing happened and here i am, it might be a simple fixe, it might not, can you help me?

Honor Student
kauai4pam
Message 4 of 7 (1,472 Views)

I, also have the same problem, thou my printer prints the test page, and says everything is fine, but when I try to prin,t the info goes into the Queue, and stays there!   Help!!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 5 of 7 (1,443 Views)

This document discusses items stuck in the print queue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3737195&tmp...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
PatSpillman
Message 6 of 7 (1,388 Views)

I have the exact same problem with a HP 6500A Plus All-in-one printer. It is extremely irritating & I'm ready to throw it out the window. HP fixes it for maybe 1-2 days at most & then the exact same problem comes back again. My time is worth a lot & I'm exhausted having to constantly TRY to figure out how to fix it myself & most of the time I just don't have the ability to print at all. It's as though I don't even own a printer!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 7 of 7 (1,368 Views)

How is the 6500A connected USB or wireless? What operating system are you using? What firewall/security software are you running?

What fixes are done that only last a couple of days? 

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation