03-19-2014 02:35 AM
I am hoping there is someone super clever here that can help,
Yesterday i turned my printer on, it booted up and then lost power i tried it a couple of times and it gets to the 'on' screen and then power just dies.
I tried using an alternative power cable and the same thing happened also tried plugging into a different power point, i use the printer a couple of times a week so not sure why all of a sudden it has done this.
The printer is HP 4620 all in one. my warrenty has expired so i am a bit stuck i guess
03-21-2014 09:37 AM
I understand you have an Officejet 4620 that will power on to the main screen but then seems to shut down on it's own and doesn't want to turn back on. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will definitely do my best to help!
The different power points that you're plugging the printer to, are they wall outlets? Sometimes the printer doesn't get enough power from surge protectors or power bars, so please make sure you're using wall outlets. It's even a good idea to try kitchen outlets as they are usually the most powerful in the house (if you're in a house as opposed to an office).
I would also recommend looking at the back of the printer when you're turning it on, where the power cord goes in. If you get at eye level with it, you should be able to see a little green light indicating the power adapter is on and working. Does this light stay on after the printer shuts down or does it also turn off?
Hope to hear back from you soon, have a great weekend!
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)