Question

Student
bklc
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

printer boots up then goes off again..out of warranty help please??

Hi,

I am hoping there is someone super clever here that can help,

Yesterday i turned my printer on, it booted up and then lost power i tried it a couple of times and it gets to the 'on' screen and then power just dies.

I tried using an alternative power cable and the same thing happened also tried plugging into a different power point, i use the printer a couple of times a week so not sure why all of a sudden it has done this.

The printer is HP 4620 all in one. my warrenty has expired so i am a bit stuck i guess

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: printer boots up then goes off again..out of warranty help please??

Hi bklc,

I understand you have an Officejet 4620 that will power on to the main screen but then seems to shut down on it's own and doesn't want to turn back on. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will definitely do my best to help!

The different power points that you're plugging the printer to, are they wall outlets? Sometimes the printer doesn't get enough power from surge protectors or power bars, so please make sure you're using wall outlets. It's even a good idea to try kitchen outlets as they are usually the most powerful in the house (if you're in a house as opposed to an office).

I would also recommend looking at the back of the printer when you're turning it on, where the power cord goes in. If you get at eye level with it, you should be able to see a little green light indicating the power adapter is on and working. Does this light stay on after the printer shuts down or does it also turn off?

Hope to hear back from you soon, have a great weekend!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation