04-14-2012 02:49 PM
I have HP Officejet J4580 all-in one. Operating system - Vista.
Was working fine 3 years until yearsterday.
Displays message "Out of Paper, load paper and press OK." Reloded paper a couple tines with different QTY, cleaned the rollers in the back. Nothing helps.
Appreciate any help. Thank you.
04-15-2012 02:44 AM
First thing to do is a self test of the printer. See section on self test in your manual:
Other things to consider:
Is the paper actually being picked up correctly and fed in before the error occurs, or is it not feeding in at all? The former suggests a paper sensor problem. The latter might indicate a mechanical failure of the paper pickup mechanism. Worth also checking if the paper source is set to the correct place too if that applies to your model of pinter.
Are you using some different paper? Reason I ask is a post I put up myself yesterday about thin/poor quality paper giving me a paper out error on a similar model of printer.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)