04-14-2012 02:49 PM
I have HP Officejet J4580 all-in one. Operating system - Vista.
Was working fine 3 years until yearsterday.
Displays message "Out of Paper, load paper and press OK." Reloded paper a couple tines with different QTY, cleaned the rollers in the back. Nothing helps.
Appreciate any help. Thank you.
04-15-2012 02:44 AM
First thing to do is a self test of the printer. See section on self test in your manual:
Other things to consider:
Is the paper actually being picked up correctly and fed in before the error occurs, or is it not feeding in at all? The former suggests a paper sensor problem. The latter might indicate a mechanical failure of the paper pickup mechanism. Worth also checking if the paper source is set to the correct place too if that applies to your model of pinter.
Are you using some different paper? Reason I ask is a post I put up myself yesterday about thin/poor quality paper giving me a paper out error on a similar model of printer.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series