Question

Student
goldincm
Message 1 of 10 (512 Views)

printer not printing Windows 7

my Deskjet 1560 printer won't print. It starts to go into action, then stops. And the "que" doesn't show listings

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 10 (485 Views)

Re: printer not printing Windows 7

Hi goldincm,

I understand that you're having problems printing.  

What operating system is your computer?

Honor Student
TheDizzle420
Message 3 of 10 (421 Views)

Hello,

I have the photosmart c4780 (4 years);

Resently it will stop printing in the middle of the page, or cancel the print before it actually prints.

When doing nothing it will randomly beep like i pressed a button, or randomly try to scan a page.

Although I CANNOT scan anything either, it stops about 75% , cancels scan as if user cancelled.

On windows it says the drive should re-installed, which I have done three times, fully deleting the drive and all hp programs, restarting computer and re-installing everything (NOT FUN).

I also have shut off wireless and tried usb direct connection.

I changed how the printer spools, I have tried printing directly to printer.

Sometimes when turning it on, the printer cannot boot-up and just goes for a endless cycle of beeping and screen flashing.

I have wasted a lot of paper and ink trying to resolve this, 

I once accidently saw something on the lcd about factory reseting the device, but i cannot get to that menu again, i dont know how i did it.

I promise not to share the factory reset information i just need to try this, i will not be buying another hp product if i cannot resolve this printer issue.

please help me

thanks for your time.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 10 (396 Views)

Hi TheDizzle420,

Before we do a reset on the printer I would suggest we look at the root cause. From what you have described it sounds like a software issue.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please let me know the outcome and I will be happy to follow up.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
TheDizzle420
Message 5 of 10 (384 Views)

I tried that. It was not able to complete the diagnostic. Couldnt print a test page. All it can do is recognize that it is connect. Windows says its a driver error but I have deleted it and reinstalled several times. Please advise. Thanks.
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 10 (365 Views)

Hi TheDizzle420,

I suggest removing the driver from both printers and from the printer server property and doing a complete uninstall and then reinstalling the software. If you are unsure how to remove the driver follow the steps in this link, click on "to remove a printer". Follow the additional steps below after you remove the printer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/add-or-remove-a-printer

Removing driver from the Server Properties.

1. Open the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.

• Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows 7/8 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only"

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

At this point you should receive a message stating that the driver and driver package were removed.

You may receive one of a few errors when trying to do this. A few of these are shown below with some information about why the errors may be occurring.

If you get a message saying ‘The following package(s) can not be deleted’ or ‘The following driver(s) can not be deleted’ with your printer name listed, it will normally be followed by the reason. In most cases it will say that it is ‘in use’.

If documents are stuck in the print spooler, this error could be due to those. cancelling any documents pending under any printer, then try to remove the driver from ‘Print server properties’ again.

If it still won’t remove the package, restarting the computer should resolve this ‘in use’ error and allow the driver to be removed.

After the driver is removed from the server properties we can proceed with uninstalling the software.

How to uninstall software.

After the uninstall, restart the computer, download and install the software. This download includes the HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver.

If you continue to have issues at this point, run the Print and Scan Doctor again and let me know what the outcome is.

Let me know if this helps and or if you would like further assistance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
TheDizzle420
Message 7 of 10 (340 Views)

It does not allow me to uninstall the driver, which there is two by the way, c4700 series, and microsoft xps document writer.

This has been months of a paper weight for a printer!

Whats my next step?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 10 (325 Views)

Hi TheDizzle420,

The next step is to determine what is preventing the driver from uninstalling. You said it does not allow you to uninstall the driver, do you get an error message?

Try restarting the print spooler, and then follow the previous steps from Message 6 again.

Please let me know the outcome. If any issue arises while trying to follow these steps, let me know what the issue is including any error messages you may see.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
TheDizzle420
Message 9 of 10 (308 Views)

restarted the spooler drive like you said, reinstalled the driver for the printer, and the printer itself seems to be in demo mode, its trying to scan and copy something. currently its acting as if i am trying to print a photo although I havent pressed any buttons. even when i press back button on printer it still beeps like i pressed the button and wanted to print a photo.

thanks for your help so far.

mike

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 10 of 10 (281 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for keeping me posted. At this point, I suggest we do a hard reset on the printer. Leave the printer on and disconnect the power cable for 1 minute, then reconnect and see how it responds. You will likely see a message saying to use the power button, but you can press OK and continue.

Let me know how that works out for you. I am eager to see this resolved.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation