Question

Honor Student
TommyU
Message 1 of 6 (134 Views)

printing Envelopes

I can not get my printer to print an envelope sideways. It use to but not now. HP LaserJet 1020. Called Tech support and they told me to buy another printer. The printer prints fine, just not allowing  to print sideways for envelopes.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 6 (111 Views)

Re: printing Envelopes

Hi TommyU,

I understand you were able to print envelopes sideways in the past and are no longer able to. What program are you printing from? Did you recently upgrade the program or your operating system?

When you turn the envelope sideways, do you get an error message, or are you modifying the feed settings in the print dialog box to notify the printer that you expect it to accept the envelope sideways?

I know these are questions and not answers, but with the answers to these questions I will be able to follow up with some possible solutions to the issue.

I would like to help, I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks in advanced for your patience.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
TommyU
Message 3 of 6 (104 Views)

When you turn the envelope sideways, do you get an error message  No, or are you modifying the feed settings in the print dialog box to notify the printer that you expect it to accept the envelope sideways Yes, I select my Envelope size 6 x 9. I turn the selection the way I want the envelope to print. The only problem is the printer prints for a long envelope not a short?

I know these are questions and not answers, but with the answers to these questions I will be able to follow up with some possible solutions to the issue.

I would like to help, I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks in advanced for your patience.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 6 (101 Views)

Hi TommyU,

I was thinking maybe the feed option needs to be changed.

Are you printing from Word? Take a look at the screenshots below.

In Word, Click on Tools, select Letters and Mailing/Envelopes and labels, the envelope box will open, in the envelope tab enter your address', click on Options, click the Printing Options tab, you will need to change the  Feed from to Auto, it is likely set to Manual.

Word Envelope Printing Options.JPG

As you can see, on the far bottom right, there is a feed option. Click feed and insure you have the correct feed options

selected.

Please let me know how this works out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
TommyU
Message 5 of 6 (92 Views)

I was able to print an envelope correctly with "Word". Still not able to do so with the program "Individual Software's product" AnyTime Organizer v 14.3.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 6 (90 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi TommyU,

Since you can print the envelope properly from Word, we now know the issue is not the printer or the software/driver. I suggest you contact Individual. I have looked up some information, to try to help, and found the following;

Before contacting Customer Care or Technical Support or about an existing product, please register your title. If you have not already registered your software during the installation process, you may register your product online at the Product Registration page.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation