Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have recently purchased the Envy x2 and am having problems printing to a HP 3050 and getting the printer to print on both sides of the paper. I do not have a problem using windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DM1. Can I not set the default to print always on two sides as there does not seem to be an option on the control panel

Any help?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the following steps to resolve the issue-

Step 1-  Go to Control Panel.

Step 2- Go to Devices and printers.

Step 3- Select your printer and right click on it.

Step 4- Go to "Printer Properties" NOT TO  properties.

Step 5- Cleck on Advanced tab , the fourth tab on the top.

Step 6- Click on the button "Printing Defaults" at the left bottom corner of the window.

Step 7-On the printing defaults window click on the "Advanced " tab , the first tab at the top.

Step 8-Under Printer Features there would be  the option saying - PRINT ON BACKSIDE.

If that option is turned off please do turn that on and try printing.

This should help you print on both the sides of the page.

At your help an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Many thanks, and I have tried this with no luck. Your description works up to step 7, where the 'advanced' tab is at the bottom not at the top. By clicking on advanced I get

Paper/output with an option to selcet A4 or other size of paper

Copy count currently set at one

Document options currently set at Monchrome

Printer Featrues with Image quality currently set at draft quality and Stapler set at none.

There are no other options.

I beleive  the windows 8 set up for this printer is different from windows 7, but I would still be pleased to received your comments

Andy

HP Recommended
What is the full model of printer your using? I'll need to know in order to make sure any instructions are accurate.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi the model is HP Laserjet 3050. the product number is Q6504A. Hope this helps

HP Recommended

I just upgraded to a new computer with windows 8 and have the same problem with my LaserJet 3055.  My old driver had an option for 2-sided printing where it would print the first side and then I could manually feed those pages in and it would print the 2nd side.  The new driver will only print single sided and there's no option under advanced to allow double sided.

HP Recommended

I, too, just replaced my computer with a windows 8 machine and cannot print both sides on my HP3055 all-in-one Laserjet printer, whereas before I could perform a manual two sided printing by moving the pages down when primpted for the other side.

I also don't see a FAX or Scan software anywhere.

Jim2375

HP Recommended

This worked for me, with slight adjustments. After step 4, on the Printer Properties dialog box, click "Change Properties" button on bottom left. Then click "Advanced" tab. I had to fool around a bit more (sorry I can't be more precise) but didn't have to install a new driver. LaserJet CP2025dn.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.