Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

All my documents printed on by F4580 are too large to fit on the page (like 125% or so) and offset to the right.  Started after I increased the size of a certificate to fill the page but I cannot retrace my steps to shrink back down.  It's affecting Word, Excel, jpgs, etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

TCArtist

Welcome to the HP Forum.

You are halfway to knowing the answer.  The hint is in the Scale: 125% .  Smiling.

The size of the output is usually handled in Print Preview -- in browsers AND in Word.

Edits 28-Feb-2015 >> Updated Document

See this Dragon Document:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

TCArtist

Welcome to the HP Forum.

You are halfway to knowing the answer.  The hint is in the Scale: 125% .  Smiling.

The size of the output is usually handled in Print Preview -- in browsers AND in Word.

Edits 28-Feb-2015 >> Updated Document

See this Dragon Document:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that this  was of no help at all.  The problem is trying to print an Excel spreadsheet.  Although it is is 10 point type it is printing in about 30 point type and only getting  the small section.  I have tried changing scaling.  It doesn't make any difference

HP Recommended

Printing too large - off the paper?  

The answer is NOT in the scale!

I have reduced the scale to 75%, then 50%, and it still prints off the paper.

It is sad that HP will not answer these problems, but expects us to figure it out.

HP Recommended

@LCriswell

@LCriswell wrote:

Printing too large - off the paper?  

The answer is NOT in the scale!

I have reduced the scale to 75%, then 50%, and it still prints off the paper.

It is sad that HP will not answer these problems, but expects us to figure it out.

We are not HP -- we are a community forum staffed by volunteers.

Old threads (this one is years old AND it is marked as resolved) do not garner the attention of the community.

If you would like to post a question for our community, you should do so by starting a new Thread of your very own.  Include the program / application you are using.

If you would like to submit a comment about our community, about your situation, or about HP, please post your thread in the HP Cafe and Lounge  

If you would like to submit feedback or submit a request for changes, please post your comments in  Forum Feedback & Suggestions 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

When printing a M/Soft Word document containing an image on the Envy 5640, the image prints
oversized, but works perfectly on an Epson printer.

For the HP Envy, In Control Panel, Devices and Printers, Right-click the HP printer, select

Printing Preferences, Select Layout tab, Click Advanced, then Change HP Real Life Technologies to

Off

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.