problem printing envelopes hp 7520 (1161 Views)
Honor Student
DeegeK
Message 1 of 6 (1,161 Views)

problem printing envelopes hp 7520

Have new HP PhotoSmart 7520.  Envelopes print incorrectly with delivery address at top of envelope.  Envelopes loaded in printer correctly, and correct envelope size selected in print properties.  One HP support tech said to load envelope in printer as "landscape" - which obviously cannot be done.  Also said to change page orientation to portrait.  Another tech says MS Word not supported by HP and to find another application to print envelopes.  Would not tell me which application to use.

Any possible solution other than return this printer? 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,152 Views)

Re: problem printing envelopes hp 7520

Hi,

Do you have Word on your machine ? This is how it should look like, you need to feed envelopes the right way as shown:

envlpp.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
DeegeK
Message 3 of 6 (1,145 Views)

Thanks for answer, but this solution did not help.  I am running Windows XP with Word 2003.  The illustration you provide is a feature that is not available in Word 2003.  Tried installing Word 2007 and still was unable to print correctly.  I have uninstalled 2007 because of conflict with 2003, which my client prefers.  The way you suggest to load envelope prints on the wrong side and still with delivery address about 1/4" from top edge. 

Evidently this HP printer is not compatible with older versions of Word.  Wish I had known before purchasing.  I did find envelope printing software that will print envelopes correctly, but with very limited font choice size and spacing.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (1,140 Views)

Hi,

Just check my XP machine with Word 2003, should be very close as shown:

w2003.PNG

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
DeegeK
Message 5 of 6 (1,136 Views)

Thanks so much for the information!  I was able to print one envelope at a time thru Tools menu (but not an envelope that had already created and saved).  Can live with that as long as am able to print occasional envelope.

Wonder why HP tech support claimed Word 2003 not supported?  Am on about my 4th inkjet printer and never had a problem like this before.

Student
imamyt
Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)

Hi! Im having the same issue too. How do you print envelopes now?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation