09-10-2013 08:29 AM
Am running disc to set up wireless printing from laptop on OS Windows XP to OfficeJet Pro 8500. Get message saying that this OS is unsupported, that Windows 7 is supported. I previously set up another laptop of XP sucdcessfully. Please advise on how to do and list all the steps for me to bring this to a successful resolution. Thank you very much in advance.
09-10-2013 12:53 PM
I am sorry you are having problems with your OJ 8500. There is a supported Win XP driver available and this can be found on the HP Support Forum at the following location.
Please let me know if this helps solve your problem.
09-10-2013 08:28 PM
Thank You for your reply.
I downloaded the driver. My computer seems all set. The printer says it's connected to the network. But the computer can't seem to find the printer.
Also, some of the directions don't seem to be relevant to my printer. e.g. there is no button to push with a wireless symbol on the front of my computer. I do have solid blue light where the wireless label is on the lower right of printer face.
What should I do now?
Looking forward to your reply.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)