Question

Student
dlsmith29
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

psc 2410 photosmart missing print lines

I am trying to print a simple Word document.  The text print quality is good, but only half of the lines are being printed--as if the head is only printing in one direction.  There are no error messages.  After I invoke the clean utility, the photographic image and logo look good.  Has anyone faced this problem?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)

Re: psc 2410 photosmart missing print lines

dlsmith, it is hard for me to tell if this is a hardware of software issue. To start off can you print or check the ink levels and let me know where they are at? If one or more is low you may need to replace a cartridge. After that, if they are normal, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Here are my instructions on what we will do to achieve that :

First if you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it. Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Devices and Printers, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer. 

In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it. 

Install this software and you might want to turn your antivirus software off while you do this : 

Install that and let me know the result! 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation