Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why do I get a window that says "Paper too short to auto-duplex" on my computer screen?  I get it on both computers of my network.  It worked ok for a while and then started showing up after I used the copier in the duplex mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi 

Here is the solution:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HPOJ-8600/m-p/1487519/highlight/true#M...

Happy Printing.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi hope you are doing well  and sorry that you are having this issue.

Can you add what Operating system are you using i.e. Win 7 

Have you try this tool; HP Print Diagnostic Utility

Thanks; 

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 operating system.  I tried the utility but it said everything checked out ok.

The printer does print but getting the window that says the "paper too short to auto duplex" everytime is annoying.  I get it on my other computer in the network also.

HP Recommended

Hi Jerrywt;

Have you tried to use a different paper brand and just to make sure.

This happends when you are using regular paper (8x11 20-24lbs) or with other paper sizes and weights as well?

I will research the issue further, in the meantime  use this tool to verify your Warranty status; http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&lc=en. So in the case that is something in the hardware.

Thanks;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Hi 

Here is the solution:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HPOJ-8600/m-p/1487519/highlight/true#M...

Happy Printing.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

My updates are current and I still get the error message.  How to get rid of the error message?

HP Recommended

Hello esl2462

When you say your updates are current are you referring to the firmware or HP software on your computer? Make sure your firmware is up to date as prabaa mentioned.

Also, what size paper are you trying to duplex?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

All firmware and HP uptodate. Always use only 8 1/2 x11. This happened once before when I I printed on both sides. Don't remember how I got Tito go away. I think I just re-installed the HPsoftware. 

thanks.

don't give up on me.

ed

HP Recommended

Hello esl2462

Before we try to troubleshoot software lets try Power Resetting the printer. Also, what paper type and size is selected in the printer preferences?

Resetting the Printer

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Well, YES!  That did it.  Thank you so much.  I've frustrated with this for about a month.  I'm quite sure that the next time I auto-duplex the same thing will happen but I know how to fix it now.

Thanks again,

Ed

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.