Question

Student
RginaD
Message 1 of 12 (4,706 Views)
Accepted Solution

resolve hp 8500a error message: An error has occurred. (devInfoPage-503)

hp 8500 a910 wont print.  Computer shows error  message: An error has occurred. (devInfoPage-503)  How can
I fix this?

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 12 (4,687 Views)

Re: resolve hp 8500a error message: An error has occurred. (devInfoPage-503)

[ Edited ]

Hope you are doing well;

What Operating system are you using?

If you are using Windows GO HERE   use the print and scan doctor.

Let me the outcome I will do my best to help you if you need further assistance.

Hope this helps;

RobertoR  

:manlol: Remember . . . ↓

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
Vetsystems
Message 3 of 12 (4,566 Views)

I also have this issue -

It has nothing to do with the OS. i see  this error when i connect to the printers web page and try and print a test page direct from the printer

Honor Student
Vetsystems
Message 4 of 12 (4,562 Views)

I forgot to mention im running server 2008 so i cant user print and scan doctor
Professor
RobertoR
Message 5 of 12 (4,551 Views)

Hope you are having a great day can you do

The reason that I ask for the operating system is to guide to the steps of the troubleshooting is not due to the posibility of being part of the issue. as you may understand this operation as well as many others differ by operating system so that is the reason that you see the question.

This  is 503 issue that means that the server (service) is not available . The implication (most of the time) is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay.

in other situations  some servers in this state may also simply refuse the socket connection, in which case a different error may be generated because the socket creation timed out.

Let's clear the internet cache, browsing history and cookies restart the computer if that does not work please  

Let's try to set an static IP adress and change the DNS servers to Google public available DNS servers to see if that will fix the issue which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Let me know the outcome;

RobertoR

▼ 

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
Vetsystems
Message 6 of 12 (4,541 Views)

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for yor reply and I hope you are well.

I havnt given you a great decription of the scenario.. apologies

This occurs 2 or 3 times a day, rebooting the machine is the only thing which can get us going again...but the problem always returns later on.

When its in this state I offten get a network connection error in the browser which seems to go away after i select the next page..Its when i click print test page from the printers web page that i see the 503 error

The decvice already had a static address but no DNS settings, I have now changed the DNS settings to google so I will keep you posted if it works.

Thanks

Professor
RobertoR
Message 7 of 12 (4,514 Views)

Hi there Again Vetsystems;

No problen and I hope you can be helpful,

Let me know the outcome either way and  I will do my best to help you.

Kind regards;

RobertoR

Honor Student
Vetsystems
Message 8 of 12 (4,506 Views)

Hi,

Previously the error was occuring atleast once a day, since adding DNS settings it has not returned

Thanks for you help.

Eddie

:smileyhappy:

Professor
RobertoR
Message 9 of 12 (4,502 Views)

Super gald that I can be of your assistance and wish a lot

Happy Printing!!!

Do not hesitate to come back if the if you feel I can be of your service I will always do my best to help you.

Kind regards and best of luck

RobertoR

Honor Student
Keekee28
Message 10 of 12 (3,875 Views)

I am getting an error message on my HP printer --its says printer is not respond & devInfoPage-503 is the error?? anyone know how to fix this??? Photosmart D110 series

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation